Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite method of deer hunting? Bow, Crossbow, Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my .308, 280,and 300WSM all with Nikon 3X9X50 Buckmasters on them. I don't consider it too easy. I just love to smell that smokeless powder in the early morning.

Comment

I like to bowhunt and scout in Oct and then close the deal in a mid November bow stand with a 16 gauge 870. Buckshot is a lot more forgiving and you can shoot moving deer broadside in the brush at bowrange. You get the thrill of getting close and lethality of a modern firearm. If you think of all your bow hunting encounters you can think of some instances where you could have taken a nice buck using the virtues of buckshot, when letting an arrow go almost, but didn't occur. That buck that kept stopping behind cover, or wouldn't stop comes home with you. I have a 100% recovery rate using this buckshot in your bow hunting stand method. Cheers, I can't wait .

Comment

I am first a bowhunter,followed by handgun,shotgun and then muzzle loader if I have any tags left by then. I'd rather hunt them with a camera truthfully, but they are really hard to skin afterwards.

Comment

Archery, muzzleloader and rifle in that order. In MN that means deer hunting from mid-Sept to Dec. 31st. Yea!

Comment

i spend far more time deer hunting with a bow in my hands...but i think i enjoy deer hunting more with a rifle just because when i travel to PA to deer hunt its with a rifle...i enjoy hunting there more then MI just because of the terrain, hunting is harder and the shots are always more difficult because of lots of brush and the general terrain of the hills. much more exciting in my opinion.

Comment

Deer Hunting is a Joy for me...so the 7mm/08 is just fine on N/Fl. Whitetails.

Comment

I prefer a 12 gauge shotgun that my late grandpa gave to me. Im "Carrying on the tradition" as he said the day he gave it to me.

Comment

good ole '06.

Comment

I prefer a muzzleloader

Comment

Stick and string... and in a pinch I'll pull out the .270

Comment

^ckRich, Is that similar to Rambo's pig hunting in First Blood?

I hunt deer with a 30-06, but I'm willing to expand my horizons a bit. I'd like to try everything at least once... slug or bow perhaps this year.

Does hitting a deer with your car/truck count?

Comment

i like to bow hunt because with a gun you can shoot a deer 100 yds+ away and with the bow you get up close and you feel better when you get a close shot. I think it is a little bit more "outdoorsy" if i say so my self

Comment

jump on their back and cut the juggler

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to States sue over vaccine mandate.
                              by jhjimbo
                              There is info that needs to be communicated and this forum can reach many people in the pandemic we are in. Quick changing info complicates things. It...
                              Today, 12:00 AM
                            • States sue over vaccine mandate.
                              by FirstBubba
                              This is Constitutional overreach.
                              Biden does not have the authority by law OR executive order to demand Americans take the vaccination.
                              09-10-2021, 11:03 AM
                            • Reply to Real Quiet
                              by 99explorer
                              Medicare will soon be negotiating reduced prices for pharmaceutical products for seniors.
                              And the U.S. will soon be supplying nuclear powered submarines...
                              Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                            • Real Quiet
                              by jhjimbo
                              Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
                              09-17-2021, 12:23 AM
                            • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
                              by PigHunter
                              Good one! This has been a good topic...
                              Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X