Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite method of deer hunting? Bow, Crossbow, Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite method of deer hunting? Bow, Crossbow, Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle.

What is your favorite method of deer hunting? Bow, Crossbow, Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle.

For whitetails it is a traditional muzzleloader.

Comment

with anything other that a bow it is too easy, you have to lure him in and make him keep going. with a rifle you can see him a mile away and could still kill him

Comment

when i kill one with a rifle, i feel like it was the rifle that did it. with a bow, it feels more like me

Comment

I'll take a scoped rifle in 7mm-08 or .270. Someday I may get a .25-06, but dead is dead.

Comment

A .270 with variable zoom scope

Comment

lght weight lever action with a peep sight, stalking deer and getting as close as i can for a shot

Comment

I like a good ole' .243

Comment

I like a good ole' .243

Comment

Bowhunting and muzzleloaders. I like to think I was born 200 years too late.

Comment

I love killing white tails with whatever is in my grubby paws, be it bow, crossbow, charcoal burner or pill pusher!!! Brown on the ground is my goal!! Still not sure if it's being outdoors or the pan fried venison and gravy that makes me want to "slip the sears"!!

Bubba

Comment

Actually, the deer in my area are more grey than brown in the fall and winter! I suppose I could say I want to "slay the grey"!

Bubba

Comment

Archery in my favorite, I can get into areas that are restricted to firearms that's where the BIG BUCKS are at!

Comment

Scoped rifle for me. I need all the help I can get, as I have never found deer hunting so easy that it was no longer a challenge. And also because I would feel terrible if the loss of a wounded animal could be blamed on my choice of equipment. To each his own, but that's just me.

Comment

In Viet Nam an M79 Grenade Launcher, Birds Shotgun, Big Critters 375 H&H, Whitetails 30/06,burglers 870 16 ga. (None yet thank the Lord.)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad