Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey you know all those big television hunters on the outdoor channel like jim zumbo and tred barta and all those guys. they must

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey you know all those big television hunters on the outdoor channel like jim zumbo and tred barta and all those guys. they must

hey you know all those big television hunters on the outdoor channel like jim zumbo and tred barta and all those guys. they must have some kind of a real job don't they? i don't see how you could be a professional hunter and make enough money to support a family, and on top of that, buy all of this expensive hunting equipment/african safari hunts and everything. unless the sponsors pay for all of that stuff.

Zumbo lives not too many miles from my home. In fact my kid was at Zumbo's place last Saturday. Jim writes articles and books, makes TV shows, hunts, fishes, cooks and seemingly enjoys life. As far as I am aware he has no "day job". He is a genuine, no BS type of guy who has a serious passion for the outdoors. I only wish we all could share this type of life but I long ago discovered that there simply are not enough openings.

Comment

Tred Barta is a corporate jet salesman, and a complete nutjob who is about 5' tall

Comment

Seems like a fun career, but doesn't seem like there would be enough time with the family. I know how much time I spend in the woods during bow season and the rut. I couldn't imagine jumping from state to state for 4 months in a row following the rut around. I'd rather have my kids with me in the field or on the water.

Comment

that would be great to hunt and fish while sponsers give you free hunting gear and pay for african safarias

Comment

Most of the hunters you see on TV are given the gear they use, just like a profesional basketball player they are given the products and money to pitch companies gear. Hunting and fishing influence more money than almost any other sport. Some of the TV hosts guide when they are not hunting. I doubt many of them are rich but with endorcements I am sure they do alright for themselves.

Comment

I knew a guy that was a Pro Bass Fisherman and he usually spent about 12-14 hours a day on the water. Its different he didn't write or get taped or anything he had corporate sponsors from Yamaha and Ranger Boats. I'd say that guy worked his ass off.

Comment

They all are highly motivated individuals, as it takes a lot of their time and effort to engage in this profession. I doubt their job is as glamorous and fun as the 1/2 hour shows make it out to be. But then again I think a person would put up with a lot of adversity in order to be paid to hunt and fish, and get to visit and hunt the places they do.

Comment

Zumbo writes books and Barta took over his dad's company selling airplanes.
                  Jim Shockey was an antique dealer
                  Lee Lokasky(?) was a chemical engineer
                  Mike Pawlawski was an NFL quarterback
                  Ted Nugent was Ted Nugent
                  Not sure if Tim Wells really worked at a sewer plant?
                  Michael Waddel worked in a factory

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

Comment

thanks buckhunter, ted nugent was ted nugent, and ted nugent will always be ted nugent. what a crazy guy. he's awesome

Comment

You hit it at the end. It's all about the sponsors and multiplying your "media channels." TV shows are one thing, but add books, magazine articles, DVD's, paid appearances, etc. and it adds up.

Comment

Agreed with pumakitchen answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad