Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to make a box call or know of any good sights or books to learn from? I am in a woods class for my constru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to make a box call or know of any good sights or books to learn from? I am in a woods class for my constru

Does anyone know how to make a box call or know of any good sights or books to learn from? I am in a woods class for my construction major and would like to use this as a small wood project.

I never knew you could make one but I could sell you one for like 10bucks. its in good shape cause its never used and i wont be using it anytime soon. Well check ebay and do some googling for the book. Hope that helped!

Comment

Ask beekeeper, I think he's making one for Del in Ks.

Comment

Yeah, Beekeeper is your man. Need to get ahold of him. He is building me a one of a kind custom box call. It will be photographed and pics posted when I get it but that will be a while as he has a waiting list.

Comment

I wish I would have taken woods class in High School, that's a great idea. I'd try to make a pike spearing decoy too!

Comment

rippja,

There are several different ways to make a box call. The easiest for a beginner to do is a cut and glue box similar to the Lynch Foolproof.

I build box calls on the same pattern Neil Cost made famous. These are "hollow block" calls and require a little practice to build. To my knowledge the only instructions ever put together for this type of call was a video by the Georgia chapter of the NWTF in 1986. I have not seen one of those tapes since the late 90's.

Try these links for directions for a cut and glue box call. If you use the plans from that Jerome Robinson put together for the Field and Stream article on the custom calls link and the directions on the custom sawing link you should do just fine. If you need help, post your questions and I will reply. Good luck!

http://www.customcalls.com/makeaturkeyboxcall.htm

http://www.customsawing.com/BCDIRECTIONS.PDF

Comment

rippja,

Once you build the cut & glue box and get an idea of the geometry, I will be glad to talk you through the hollow block type I build.

Comment

Thank you very much beekeeper i will keep you posted on the progress!

Comment

I know Beekeeper does. I have heard alot of guys on here want him to make them one.

Comment

Great answer Beekeeper and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad