Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streak, your from Ohio. I'll be coming down there next week for work for maybe up to a month off and on. My question is, how muc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streak, your from Ohio. I'll be coming down there next week for work for maybe up to a month off and on. My question is, how muc

Streak, your from Ohio. I'll be coming down there next week for work for maybe up to a month off and on. My question is, how much is a non-resident turkey permit and is there alot of public land to hunt these birds on?

First of all, The spring season starts April 20 and ends May 17. The limit is TWO bearded turkeys. Each turkey permit is $24, the real killer is the non-resident annual license fee of $125. In the Spring Season you are allowed to hunt turkeys from 1/2 hour before sunrise to Noon. I live in Northwest Ohio and we have been seeing turkeys around my place for only the past 5 years, they were introduced. The population around here has been growing, the other day my brother took a cell phone picture of 25-30 birds in the field across the street. The best places in the state to hunt are in the Northeast and Southeast portions. http://www.thenaturalresource.com/hunting/LANACCWA_00.php That link shows you a bunch of places that are open to public hunting. I hope this gets you started.

Comment

Turkey permits are between 15 and 30 dollars, there is a lot of different places that you can hunt and i own about 550 acres in zanesville and if you had your license and everything i might be able to let you hunt on it.

Comment

streak, thank you for the info.
        PotterMan96, how can I get ahold of you outside of this site?

Comment

Potterman. I'll be in Zanesville in November. I am planning on hunting public land if I don't find any private land to bowhunt deer. If there is room on your acreage maybe we can work something out! Never hurts to ask, right?

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad