Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa just began allowing and recognizing gay marriages, what do think about it and what do you think the next thing will be that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa just began allowing and recognizing gay marriages, what do think about it and what do you think the next thing will be that

Iowa just began allowing and recognizing gay marriages, what do think about it and what do you think the next thing will be that will affect sportsman?

I cannot see how this should effect sportsmen and women in any way at all. We are a secular state, all the more's that condemn homosexuality are religious in nature (and really only from the middle eastern monotheistic faiths alone). If my religion allows gayness why should the values of somebodyelses religion be forced apon me? Most Christians would scream bloody murder if say...Hindu values were imposed on them by force. Besides gay people hunt shoot and fish too (some of 'em at least) why alienate allies? I always say "Arm the Queers!" (that'll end homophobia fer sure!)

Comment

What the hell does this have to do with hunting and fishing,and just how do you think it will affect sportsmen and sportswomen?

Comment

C'mon KMB33, are you another bobbywade?

Comment

This is something that comes up in conversation around the campfire at our place all the time...ok...I lied. Who cares? I realize it is a hot topic for debate, but I fail to see how it affects sportsmen, hunting or fishing. It could, I guess, make some difference on the sleeping arrangements at camp. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals to gay Iowans and happy hunting and fishing to them also!

Comment

To me that Military wool blanket that has “US” printed on it doesn’t mean Steve and Adam! What you do in your own tent, is your business!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't see how gay marriages affects hunting or fishing at all.

Comment

Jim has is right.

Comment

I really don't think it is any of my business who signs a legal contract with who (such as a marriage contract). Hopefully a bill like this would mean that government is recognizing their role in our lives and backing off. But these are two different lobby groups, and I am too skeptical to believe that what I just wrote could be true. So I don't think this kind of government action will reflect anything for shooting sports

Comment

Way to open a can of worms on that one KMB! To each their own. Just like any group, if I want any interest, I'll pursue it myself. They hunt and fish just like we do! The more sportsmen/women on our side the stronger voice we all have!

Comment

I guess like many others I am not clear on the connection between gay marriage and outdoor pursuits. Otherwise, if gay people want to get married, let 'em. The world could use more love and less hate. Sportsmen/women have many more pressing issues that threaten our ability to enjoy our pursuits. Loss of habitat and hunting access have had the greatest affect on me in the last five years.

Comment

Thanks all, i am not Bobby Wade, i was just wondering if this could in any way have repercusions that would affect us.

Comment

They can do it now!

Comment

They can do it now!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad