Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anybody know if using wd40 is a good idea for cleaning old fishing lures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody know if using wd40 is a good idea for cleaning old fishing lures?

does anybody know if using wd40 is a good idea for cleaning old fishing lures?

Great idea. It attracts fish. NO JOKE!

Comment

It will leave a petroleum smell on them but if you do, you can rinse them in Coleman Fuel followed by rinsing in water.

Comment

Might mar the paint cleaning with any solvent. Never clean my old ones, just put them in a box. I'd try a toothbrush and water. Doesn't seem as harsh as WD40. Why do you want to clean them anyway. You could be fishing! That dirt adds character! So do teeth marks! Gotta love a beat up dirty old bait! They seem to catch more fish on my waters.

Comment

I have heard of WD-40 as a fish attractant, but I think it's illegal. Probably because you pollute the water.

Comment

put'm in the dishwasher

Comment

It's good for cleaning the hooks to keep them from getting stiff and rusty, but I once read in an Old Field&Stream Magazine that too keep the lures looking like new they would use clear nail Polish and just put a light coating on it.

Comment

yes that is a good idea

Comment

It's an illegal scent, but fish do love it, so be careful, but I think it would be a good idea.

Comment

It does work for taking off grunge. Steve is correct the dish washer works also...

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad