Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I fish on the south-eastern coast of Maine every summer. I just watch a fishing program, that took place around Martha Vineyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fish on the south-eastern coast of Maine every summer. I just watch a fishing program, that took place around Martha Vineyard

I fish on the south-eastern coast of Maine every summer. I just watch a fishing program, that took place around Martha Vineyard, and they used live eels. Can anyone confirm if this would be a good live bait for the summertime in south-east Maine?

fishing for Stripers this would be good bait, though traditionally they are used more in the fall.

Comment

Eels are always pretty good but expensive and a pain to put on a hook. I got about 60 stipers there one day in the summer with sea worms... they loved them. I don't fish that area all the time though... let's see what others think of them.

Comment

Yes, they are good and quite productive.
        Place them in a cooler with ice along with some burlap. This will allow you to handle them while you place them on the hook ...

Comment

Sometimes they need to be beaten up a bit to calm them down, otherwise, they tie themselves in knots.

Comment

Yes they are!

Comment

Yes they are!

Comment

Yes they are!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad