Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were hunting squirrel and only had a .22 and you had a bear at 15 yards (this is a true story) were would you shoot if it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Buckshott00
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Try for the nose first, eyes next, then save the rest for when it is close and then give it the rest of the magazine as fast as I can.

Leave a comment:

• CoastieJim82

• CoastieJim82
    replied
    Im unloading on the bears dome! And hope that if it doesnt kill it it wounds the bear enough to stop charging at me.

Leave a comment:

• Derrit
    replied
    one shot from a 22-gotta hit it in the head

Leave a comment:

• micropterus
    ⭐⭐

• micropterus
    replied
    Bullet in the face. Or shoot for the teeth and maybe you will just get gummed to death.

Leave a comment:

• meagel
    replied
    Empty it...

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I say shot to the head!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• maj1996
    ⭐⭐⭐

• maj1996
    replied
    eye.

Leave a comment:

• Quinton Jensen

• Quinton Jensen
    replied
    shot to the brain

Leave a comment:

• Colby Lamarche

• Colby Lamarche
    replied
    fire a couple and then RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    replied
    don't bother shooting and reach for the pepper spray...

Really, I'd aim for the brain, fire, and run like HELL!
    Or clay's idea was good, shoot you're buddy's ankle and run...

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    ⭐⭐

• PotterMan96
    replied
    Right in the forehead

Leave a comment:

• bamf
    replied
    right between my eyes

Leave a comment:

• Thinking
    replied
    Elkslayer, so true, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your buddy.

Leave a comment:

• elkslayer
    replied
    Option #1 shot and then grab the gun by the barrel and use it as a club. Option #2 take out your pocket knife and hamstring your hunting buddy, then run.

Leave a comment:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

replied
    There is no good answer here. We butcher each fall and shoot the hogs between the eyes at point blank range with a single shot .22 LR and the slug never penetrates the skull, it's always laying under the skin, slightly imbedded in the bone. I have also seen similiar instances with black bear skulls. I saw one shot at point blank range with a .44 mag at a slightly glancing angle. The bullet entered in the face, skipped along the skull under the hide, and exited around the ear, leaving only a red streak on the skull and no breakage. It took several more shots to put the bear down for keeps. I took one with a .300 Win. Mag a few years back that did the same basic thing. The bear was treed at a distance of about 30 yards, facing me. I held for the nose and squeezed off. Apparently it turned it's head at the shot, as my 180 gr. Hornady interlock did the same basic thing, coming out around the ear, with no real damage. A second shot sealed the deal. Point being, I guess the .22 is better than a pine knot, but not by much, nor is trying to outrun it. That's why the Super Blackhawk goes along bowhunting.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
    rock rat
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by rock rat
    We did almost get back to normal. That's the second very low dip. The problem was very low vaccination rates compared to most countries in say Israel...
    Today, 02:33 PM
  • Omicron
    jhjimbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by jhjimbo
    Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
    11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
  • Reply to Omicron
    jhjimbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by jhjimbo
    I have seen hints that the next mutant may be able to get around the antibodies we have from the vaccines. Another news flash is that Delta and Omicron...
    Today, 02:04 PM
  • Reply to 1 13 2022
    jhjimbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by jhjimbo
    Friday night 1 21 2022, headed for 0 deg tonight, then another cool spell next week around Friday.
    Only light snow showers. We usually don't get...
    Today, 01:58 PM
  • 1 13 2022
    jhjimbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by jhjimbo
    Thurs. 41 deg - not bad for the 13 of Jan. But, Sun night snow coming and cooling off to maybe single digit temps....
    01-13-2022, 04:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X