Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Georgia's DNR budget proposal reflects $5,461,525 removed from the budget - 58 lost jobs (only 3 in administration compared to 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia's DNR budget proposal reflects $5,461,525 removed from the budget - 58 lost jobs (only 3 in administration compared to 1

Georgia's DNR budget proposal reflects $5,461,525 removed from the budget - 58 lost jobs (only 3 in administration compared to 18 for wildlife resources division and 24 in the parks division, and total elimination of Land Conservation Division but transferring its responsibilities to the wildlife resources division that will lose 18 employees). Any other states getting walloped like that, or worse?

Uhh . . . apparently Colorado is, according to the post on the main page. Sorry, didn't even read that before posting my question.

Comment

I think the worst is yet to come for many state employees, who now find themselves in the middle of a taxpayers' revolt.

Comment

Illinois, with its 14 billion dollar budget shortfall caused by liberal free spending democrats in Chicago, is cutting DNR budget big time. I believe IDNR lost 20% of its funding this year.

Comment

As much as I would hate to see folks lose jobs, I can't grieve over WA's WDFW loss of budget. All they seem to do is screw up seasons, make rules that have little or no positive impact on wildlife, and generally waste a lot of resources. License sales keep going down, down, down.

Comment

liscence prices keep going up, up, up. wildlife resources are usually one of the first to get hit. not sure about any cuts in new york. will have to look into that.

Comment

NY DEC is getting hit really hard with the budget cuts. http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/512919.html?nav=5008

Comment

link is not quite up to date, I think it got worse.

Comment

I think that you will find that the DNR's will be the first to get hit. When I was still working over the years the legislators seemed to like to hit us before anyone else. The only thing that kept us going was operating on license fees, but in 2006 the license fees stopped being able to completely fund the DNR. That was when the DNR had to ask for general revenue and that is easy to take.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad