Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you been to the KENTON NATIONALS in ohio and if u have what did u think of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you been to the KENTON NATIONALS in ohio and if u have what did u think of it?

have you been to the KENTON NATIONALS in ohio and if u have what did u think of it?

I would say that 99% of the stuff there is grossly overpriced junk. If you do go, make sure to watch the dogs run the water races.

Comment

missing kenton.?? the new event every one is going to. kenton is off!!

MAX’S
      FLEA MARKET - SWAP MEET AND WATER DOG RACES. LABOR DAY WEEK END. SEPTEMBER 5,6 &7 2009 ALLEN COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS --LIMA OHIO !!

VENDERS SET UP ON SEPTEMBER 4TH. IN DOOR AND OUT DOOR LOTS AVALIBLE.

VENDER LOTS $ 30.00 EACH. LOT SIZE 20'X30' THIS GETS 2 PEOPLE IN WITH EACH PAID LOT. ELECTRIC $ 15.00 EXTRA IF WANTED.

CAMPING SECTION $ 30.00 FOR THE WEEK END. THIS GETS 2 PEOPLE IN. ELECTRIC $ 15.00 EXTRA EACH LOT, IF WANTED. NO SELLING IN CAMPING LOTS.

GARUANTEED SPACE WITH PREPAY.

GOLF CARTS ONLY !! WE WILL HAVE PEOPLE HERE TO INSPECT THEM FOR A SMALL FEE. PLEASE BRING PROOF OF INSURANCE.

BUYERS $ 5.00 GATE FEE.

PLENTY OF FOOD.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD !!

GET YOUR MONEY IN SOON, LOTS ARE SELLING QUICK !!!

CALL FOR MORE INFO. 419-225-8545 / 419-230-7405 / 419-230-9134

EVENTS
      WATER DOG RACES
      DOG TREEING CONTEST
      HORSESHOE PITCHING
      CORNHOLE CONTEST
      PETTING ZOO

---CLEAN RESTROOMS-- FREE CLEAN SHOWERS--PAVED ROADS
      EXIT #125 OFF i75 --GO EAST 1 MILE ON STATE ROUTE 309. the fair grounds is on the RIGHT HAND SIDE.

SEE THE FULL CRY MAGAZINE FOR THE 1 PAGE AD ON ALL THE DETAILS ON THE WATER DOG RACES !!!

water dog races - $7,000 guaranteed cash finals (LIMA OHIO) MASTER OF HOUNDS: ROY UNDERWOOD

Comment

20 year veteran. Mud,guts & glory but had a great time every year.My father was a vendor on row 22.When heard the show was cancelled it was like losing a good friend or my best plowing tractor breaking down.I made a lot of friends over the yrs. but only by name, never got any addresses. Good old farm boy's & laborers are hard to beat. If you think you know me, look me up at the show in Lima. Me and my dad will be set up there selling tools, telling jokes & farm stories. Hope to see Rich & Jim, retired coal miners from Pennsylvania. They set up by us in Kenton.

Comment

I've been to the NAtionals several times loved every minute, of it , my dad and mom competed their dogs there,and championed quite a few , for you old timers, you will probably remember Butch and Dot and Russel from NJ , DEVIL HAWK and LADY DEVIL HAWK, out of Wolverine Rod and Gun Club NEWARK NJ ,EAST Coast hunters. Some might remember the dogs "loud and proud","stormy weather", and Dots baby "honey". I am DOT'S baby boy I just want to say hi for them and all the faces I remember but not the names and to the vendors I've been to all your tables , I especaily love the icecream we would get upon entering the gate while dad paid entry fees , thats when my heart was the most happy.

Comment

2010 THIS YEARS EVENT. OVER 1000 VENDER LOTS RENTED LAST YEAR. DEADLINE TO HAVE YOUR MONEY IN FOR YOUR LAST YEARS LOT. JUNE 1ST. 2010.
            http://maxsfleamarketandwaterdograces.com/
            DOWN LOAD A APPLICATION FOR THIS YEAR EVENT.

[email protected] is off labor day week end!!-- HERE IS WHERE EVERY ONE IS GOING !!FLEA MARKET AND WATER dog races -$7000 PAY OUT (LIMA OHIO ---CLEAN RESTROOMS-- CLEAN SHOWERS--PAVED ROADS)

----------

(LIMA OHIO)---CLEAN RESTROOMS--FREE CLEAN SHOWERS--PAVED ROADS)

MAX’S
            FLEA MARKET - SWAP MEET AND WATER DOG RACES. LABOR DAY WEEK END. SEPTEMBER 3rd,4th and 5th 2010 ALLEN COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS --LIMA OHIO !!

VENDERS SET UP ON SEPTEMBER 1ST AND 2ND. IN DOOR AND OUT DOOR LOTS AVAILABLE.

VENDER LOTS $ 50.00 EACH. LOT SIZE 20'X30' THIS GETS 2 PEOPLE IN WITH EACH PAID LOT. ELECTRIC $ 15.00 EXTRA IF WANTED. YOU CAN CAMP ON YOUR VENDER LOT FOR FREE.

CAMPING SECTION FOR BUYERS $ 50.00 FOR THE WEEK END. THIS GETS 2 PEOPLE IN. ELECTRIC $ 15.00 EXTRA EACH LOT, IF WANTED. NO SELLING IN CAMPING LOTS.

GUARANTEED SPACE WITH PREPAY.

GOLF CARTS ONLY !! WE WILL HAVE PEOPLE HERE TO INSPECT THEM FOR A SMALL FEE. PLEASE BRING PROOF OF INSURANCE.

BUYERS $ 6.00 GATE FEE.

PLENTY OF FOOD.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD !!

GET YOUR MONEY IN SOON, LOTS ARE SELLING QUICK !!!

CALL FOR MORE INFO. 419-225-8545 / 419-230-7405 / 419-230-9134

EVENTS
            WATER DOG RACES
            DOG TREEING CONTEST
            HORSESHOE PITCHING
            CORNHOLE CONTEST
            PETTING ZOO

---CLEAN RESTROOMS-- FREE CLEAN SHOWERS--PAVED ROADS
            EXIT #125 OFF i75 --GO EAST 1 MILE ON STATE ROUTE 309. the fair grounds is on the RIGHT HAND SIDE.

water dog races -$7,000 guaranteed cash finals (LIMA OHIO) MASTER OF HOUNDS: ROY UNDERWOOD

Comment

I am a late poster on this only because i have just now found this site. I am a native born and raised in Kenton. I have been going to KN's for several yrs. Been running dogs and hunting them for yrs. My own 4 children are also doing this. My family and i was sickened by the closure of KN's. It is a sad thing that one man and his friends worked so hard for, for many yrs to make that place what it was. I have my own opinions on why it was shut down and i do not believe it had anything to do with the economy. I was going to rant about why i think it was closed down but really it is none of my business its only my opinion. I have heard through several of the dog ppl in our community that even if it would reopen they would not attend. It seems sickening to me that with it being reopened this yr without the dog races that drew ppl for yrs and generations is cutting the mans throat who built that place up. GREED. I'm sorry that is my feelings. I nor my family will ever attend there again.

Comment

yah my family has been going forever and did u here kebtons back august 13 threw 15

Comment

yah i agree with kentgirl 100%

Comment

Hey tell everyone that you know we don't want this to die so memorial day week end we're having an outdoor expo at the jennings co.Indiana fair grounds in north vernon indiana outdoor flea market with dogs animals guns knives everything like kenton used to be I'm advertising full page ads in american cooner april 2010 issue full cry april 2010 issue the rabbit hunter may 2010 issue ect. check out our web page www.straightshootersenterprises.com go to expo we'll have a wild coon hunt treeing contest bench show and lots more dealer space only 75.00 gate fee only 7.50 plenty of room free parking kids under12 free let's not let our heritage die let's pick up and continue on please tell every one you know who loved kenton we won't let it die thank you straight shooter

Comment

straightshooter3,
                      Thanks for the info.!!!

Comment

yes i have been to kenton nationals i am 45 years old and my father started taking our family there in 1970 also it was called leefey oak and that goes beyond my time where his family had also went we the family made that our family reunion because we could never get to gether in a closed in building because of alot of dis agreements so all my entire family would gather to have a decent vacation and spend a week sometimes and would leave out on monday by noon we had so much fun gathering together before the time to go we always went to transippi around july or august then go to kenton to stake out our camp and remove the drebrie and rake the area and mow the little bit of grass then the end of august the last weekend we would load up the family and travel to kenton to enjoy and let me mind you i am the oldest of 10 children and my mother always was either pregant or had a new baby every year she finally got to go to kenton for the first time 2008 with no babies in a stroller

Comment

My dad was a coon hunter and I spent a good amount of my youth at coon dog races. He and I attended the Kenton Nationals every year from the time I was born in 1967 until it's last year. All of the other races paled in comparison to Kenton. Back in the day it wasn't all about the flea market, it was about the coon dogs and hunting. Back then the flea market portion was known as "Traders Row". There were only a few beer stands and a couple of concession stands. Most of us camped out and cooked our own food. It seems to me that a change began sometime in the early 90's. The emphasis became the flea market instead of the coon dogs. After that the flea market grew out of control and dwarfed the coon dog trials. All the while the price of admission was skyrocketing. My opinion is that the event got too big for it's own good. It collapsed under it's own weight. I am glad that my kids had the opportunity to experience the Kenton Nationals before it's demise even though it was not the same one that I had experienced as a kid. Now that it's completely gone I can't help but feel like a little piece of my youth went with it.

Comment

Yes I grew up going to kenton with my dad Brownie Gann from Georgia. I am looking to locate Jimmy or Joyce Ross that ran kenton Nationals. Does any body have any information where they are?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad