Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think you should put in a fishing journal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think you should put in a fishing journal?

What do you think you should put in a fishing journal?

I am wanting to start one this summer but dont know what i should put in it, and what i should use for it.

Comment

Temperature, time, date, overcast or not, water temp., moon phase, wind direction, what you used, how you fished it, where you went, and most importantly what you caught.

Comment

I would put in the best catch of the day.

Comment

And tell the story of the trip

Comment

Depends on what you are using it for... if you are trying to learn fish patterns, then I'd go with what streak said, but if it's for memories just put pictures and a short story.

Comment

I have kept a journal for several years and I note a little bit of everything. I note the date, time, weather, bait used, etc.

But as mentioned above I also tell the story of the trip, sometimes I get off subject and just start writing down my thoughts.

I also add drawings and later turn those into paintings.

Comment

I write everything happen on the trip and maybe draw some pictures if you like to do it!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad