Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What knife do you guys like for skinning rabbits? Most of my hunting knives are deer-sized. Would they work? I would rather have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What knife do you guys like for skinning rabbits? Most of my hunting knives are deer-sized. Would they work? I would rather have

What knife do you guys like for skinning rabbits? Most of my hunting knives are deer-sized. Would they work? I would rather have something more delicate. And I'm raising rabbits by the way, for meat. Black and Red New Zealands.

Get a nice lock back pocket knife or a mutitool for your rabbits. A big knife is unhandy on small agme. The knives I use when deer hunting have blades from 3.5 to 4 inches.

Comment

for small game, i would use a caping knife. they are the perfect size for them WABBITS

Comment

I use my old timer pocket knife

Comment

I would use a "bird or trout" knife. a lot of companies make them. They are just simple small game knives. Cold steel makes a good one and mossberg makes a kit with two of them on big and one small.

Comment

Knife to skin a rabbit??? All you need is a small incision across the back then just pull the skin off. Any knife will do.

Comment

A co-worker of mine suggests using a small utility knife. He said they work absolutely great! The blade swaps out so it's always sharp and you can find them at most hardware store.

Comment

I wish all game was as easy to skin as rabbits. Rabbits are good sized so when you take a few you have a good sized meal, I remember when I walked all around killed 4 squirrels and ate all of them and wished I had one more, walking makes me hungry.

Comment

yes buckhunter...i use knives to skin rabbits.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad