Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I noticed several users on F&S have served in different branches of the military. Where were/are some of the places you have be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed several users on F&S have served in different branches of the military. Where were/are some of the places you have be

I noticed several users on F&S; have served in different branches of the military. Where were/are some of the places you have been and what was/is your job description?

well im in the marines. im an F/A-18 hornet mechanic. i work on the engines and fuel systems. ive been all over the U.S. I have been to Iwakuni Japan, Okanawa Japan, and the Philippines. and here in a few months im going on an Aircraft Carrier to the persian gulf.

Comment

Thanks Nate for your response and answering your call to duty as a Marine!
      Are you presently in the U.S.?

Comment

yeah. im in south carolina right now, we are deploying again in october.

Comment

I was an infantry Marine. I served in Hawaii, Japan, Thailand, Korea, Somalia, Haiti, Kuwait, and Iraq.

Comment

Army Field Artillery, Southwest Boarder Mission, 2x Iraq, Ok, MA, Germany, Panama.

Comment

Nate, Aren't you putting information on line that should not be revealed?

Comment

Army Infantry (retired 1990). Alaska,Hawaii, Australia, Thailand, Viet Nam,MO (2 times),GA (2 times),S.C.

Comment

USCG. Got out a year ago. Was a boatswainmate. Lets see was on a 210 out of mississippi for a year then three years at Sta Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon. Aruba, Jamaica, Belize, Columbia, an the lovely Gitmo Bay. My tour sounds like a dang cruise compared to where yall have been!

Comment

United States Marine, I am a Logistics/ Embarkation planner. I have been to Afghanistan, and a few other countries on the way over and back. Currently in NC.

Comment

U.S. Marine, 1st MarDiv ground forces, Viet Nam 1966-67. Also North Carolina, southern California, and Okinawa. I was a 2531/2543, a field radio operator/communications centerman. Later, 3rd MAW, MCAS El Toro, CA. Finally, with 3rd ANGLICO, 1984-86, as a forward observer/RTO. I remain in contact with brothers I served with 40+ years ago, and I follow the accomplishments of this generation of Marines with admiration and pride.

Comment

USMC, '74-'99. Semi-retired. They won't let me out until 2016.

The usual places... All 3 Divisions, a couple Air Wings, Okinawa, Middle East. Out of the ordinary was Kuwait and Germany.

Started out a machine-gunner, then computers, missiles, computers, artillery, computers. But the missiles and artillery were computers, too.

Comment

USAF, 8th EMS with the Wolfpack (8th TAC) Kunsan ROK. I was a 31631L in the bomb dump, touching up paint on LGB guidance heads, Sidewinder and Shrike Missiles. Taking ordinace out of storage testing it all and putting it back. I worked on a lot of old ordinance that is all obsolete now and out of the inventory. It was 1979, and I got out of the ROK 2 weeks before Park Chung Hee got shot by his own security chief. It was a formative experience for the young person I once was. There wasn't a "war" going on at the time, but anyone who works with rocket motors and high explosives runs a certain risk, and there is that the Koreans never declared peace with one another so there was low level conflict going on continually. As my prescription inserts for my issue M17A1 gas mask took months to catch up to me (and their lack rendered me blind whenever I had to put on the gas mask for drills) I usually was detailed to be the designated mock casualty whenever my unit responded during any sort of training exercise, therefore I can claim to have "died" for my country more than anybody I know.

Comment

Good luck Nate, be safe, and keep us posted if you can. Later

CB

Comment

USMC RECON, all over the world!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad