Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was wondering about buying a new bow (probally a used Matthews DXT). Currently I have a PSE Nova maxed out at #55. I was wonde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering about buying a new bow (probally a used Matthews DXT). Currently I have a PSE Nova maxed out at #55. I was wonde

I was wondering about buying a new bow (probally a used Matthews DXT). Currently I have a PSE Nova maxed out at #55. I was wondering if it has enough power to shoot 30yrds ( it shoots 205fps at 20yrds). Also do you guys think that getting the PSE restrung and new sights and rest etc. would be more worth my money than a new one. Thanks in advance.

You will enjoy the shooting the Mathews, there's no doubt about it. I say go ahead and upgrade, you wont be sorry!

Comment

if you can afford to upgrade, why not? take a look at the z7.

Comment

if for deer.. upgrade to a bear apprentice...wicked accurate and cheap-$279.99

Comment

Id upgrade.

If you like the DXT look at the 2011 Z7 Xtreme it has a short axle to axle like the DXT. But it has a longer riser witch could promote better stability.

The 2011 Z7e has the same type of cam as the DXT. Its like the married the Z7 with the DXT.

Cant go wrong with the DXT though.

Comment

Any of you guys get paid on commision? Thats a pretty big jump from a PSE Nova(entre level bow) to a top of the line bow, don't you think. I mean what the heck, spend $950 for a Z-7 then another $125 for a site,$150 for arrows, $125 for a rest and of course a new Scott relase for $65 and try and learn how to shoot a bow twice as fast as what you are shooting now. Makes sense to me. Why not go to an archery shop with what you have and talk to a professional and gets some ideas on how to improve your equipment first. Mathews is not the only Archery company that sells bows. Hoyt,BowTech,Darton,Ross,Diamond,Martin all have bows within reason that what be a big step up from the Nova. Yet are priced well below a Mathews Z-7. Making money with your equipment is one thing, but throwing it away on something because it's the newest and fastest it simply not very cost wise or intelligent either. The equipment does not make the shooter, the shooter makes the equipment. Stay wih something that is cost effective and become a better archer,then step outside the box for something more. There is a hugh difference in performance from 220fps and 280fps, now imagine the difference when you shoot a bow ove 330fps. BB gun to .300 weatherby difference. Too much and you will be lost faster then you can shoot. A fast miss is still a miss

Comment

where did you pay $65 for a release and $150 for arrows? try shopping somewhere else.

Comment

oh, and my z7 was a little less than $800 dollars. new.

Comment

he asked for opinions and they were given. if you like a hoyt better than a mathews, say so but don't jump others for recommending the bow they like best. just sayin...

Comment

OOOOWWW are we touchy james. I was just stating there are many bows on the market without spending a bunch of money. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Z7 ,nice bow actually. But its a bit much bow for somebody that is currently shooting a NOVA . I do like Hoyt,used to shoot for them, I do like Darton,used to shoot for them too as well as McPherson,Alpine and CSS. USED TO. I currently shoot a BowTech and my arrows actually cost more than $150 as I shoot ACC's so you are sorta right ,you can buy equipment cheaper then I stated. But in no manner at all did I mean to jump anybody,for either what they shoot or what they recommend. I appologize if you took it that way. But not everybody has the means of purchasing top of the line archery equipment. And if that was all that was available it would certainly push people away from the sport. That is why J.O.A.D was developed. To get the youth of today into archery without causing their parents to break the bank and allow the less fortunate the opportunity to learn and compete in the sport of archery. So please accept my appology.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad