X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy only you

CRACK ME UP!

Comment

yes boil one in a pot along side a old muddy boot in another pot ,when the boot is tender toss out the coyote and eat the boot.

Comment

Just skin it, cut the carcass into a few a pieces and then use that as bait for more. It's one big circle

Comment

Fillet the coyote down the back like you would the backstraps on a small deer. Cut into medalions 1" thick. place in plastic wrap and pound with a tenderizer hammer until fairly 1/2" thick. mix flour salt,black pepper, garlic powder,celery salt.Coat well with mixture. Medium frying pan cover bottom of pan with Olive oil and basal and bring to a bubble and turn down to medium heat. Place steaks in pan and cook each side for approximately 3 minutes per side. Well done is the best bet. Eat on toast or by itself . Sweet and sour sauce or hot mustard are great on it too.

Comment

Procure one medium sized coyote. Do not attempt to cook old, tough dogs.
            Bone out hindquarters and back meat of coyote, and shoulders if desired.
            Marinate chunks of coyote meat in equal parts red wine, and balsamic vinegar overnight, add three cloves of garlic if desired.
            In a large cast iron skillet, pour in 1/2-3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Heat oil to simmer over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chunks of coyote meat and stir continuously until meat is browned.
            Smother browned coyote meat with equal parts tomato sauce and red wine. Add 1/2 lb. of sliced mushrooms, or two small cans of mushroom stems and pieces, one medium onion, (chopped) and two bell peppers, (chopped and seeded).
            Serve with baked sweet potatoes and fresh green beans.
            Serves six.

Comment

crm3006 you for got the 8 gal. keg.

Comment

WAM such a delicious delicacy!

Comment

Hmm? Eat coyote or become a vegetarian? Pass the tofu please.

Comment

DON'T eat a coyote. If you hunt them you know what they eat. My Dad and I trap and we use the carcases to bring them in. They eat coon carcases like candy and skunks are a delicasey. Skunks are also know for haveing the the clear-white joint worms. I wouldn't eat a coyote for money.

Comment

If you catch a mouse or rat in a trap do you feel compelled to cook and eat it, or do you just dispose of it in the trash? I didn't think so. So, when you eradicate other vermin such as coyote why would you want to eat it. Yes, I too subscribe to the rules of "If you kill it, then eat it". However, this rule does not apply to the eradication of vermin and pests.

Comment

i wouldnt eat them..parisites and worms...unless it was a red dawn situation...probably better off eating your boots or underware...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad