Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently heard a person compare hunting with the 5th commandment, thou shalt not kill, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently heard a person compare hunting with the 5th commandment, thou shalt not kill, what do you think?

I recently heard a person compare hunting with the 5th commandment, thou shalt not kill, what do you think?

When i heard it i didnt really think people could realy think that, but i guess.

Comment

If you will notice in Gen. 1:29 God started humans with only herbs to eat. However we still where given domimon over all of it (Gen 1:26) Then something great happened, the flood. Later Noah gave an offering of clean animals (Gen 8:20) The wonderful aroma that God loved, He then gave Noah and his offspring the RIGHT to kill and eat. (Gen 9:3) It is therefore - CHRISTIAN,AMERICAN and TRADITONAL to rise,kill and eat!

Comment

the 5th commandment is in refers to people not animals.

Comment

That person died from starvation.

Comment

The 5th commandment is often mistranslated. The commandment is that thou shalt not do murder, which refers to innocent people. Frankly in the Old Testament this particular rule seems to only refer to hebrews killing hebrews, The Ammonites, Bethelites and others were slaughterd wholesale. Joshua ordered that every living thing in Bethel be killed, men, women children, camels, dogs (the translation is "everything that breathed"). Anybody who objected to the Hebrew occupation of Caanan got the sword, Sounds kinda like today and all...The holey land is so named because of the frequency of human beings perforating each other in that region. They been at it a long time.

Comment

Technically, it they are going to equate that to hunting, Then they also have to equate that to all living things, trees and herbs and such. So, that means that they are going against the fifth commandment if they even have any wooden studs in their house, or a wooden spoon. But killing just to kill and harvesting are two totally different things. Either way, that person was wrong. Just my opinion though.

Comment

I personally think sayer and Bella have got a handle on this question. You probably have heard this before but it always brings a smile when I hear or read it,
                Herbivore: ancient Shoshoni word meaning "bad hunter"

Comment

I have this argument almost three to four times a week involving hunting and ethics. Personally im all for hunting and growing up in a christian household i have got a fair concept of the gospel amendments and i don't think that they share any relevance (unless you are hunting people then it becomes an issue) i've only been hunting the last two years but i think that hunting animals is not only my favorite pastime (although crappie fishing may have that beat for a week or two) but it puts food on the table and there is nothing better that venison stew or a pheasant breast. plus just think if people think that deer hitting cars and geese crapping in parks is bad now imagine it if we stopped hunting. its kinda eye opening if you think about it.

Comment

Thou shalt not kill, since we are not plants and can't make our own food out of CO2 and sunlight we need to eat other things to survive. Rocks, dirt, and water have little nutritional value and so to survive we need to kill and eat. Is it not killing to pull a carrot out of the ground and eat it? How is that different from catching a rabbit and eating it? In each case you destroy one thing to help you survive, was it not a sin to kill the carrot? Was the carrot not alive? Was the life of the carrot worth less than that of the rabbit? What about when the rabbit eats the carrot? Is it ok to kill the rabbit if it saves the life of the carrot? If I kill and eat the rabbit I live and the carrot lives, If I eat the carrot the rabbit goes hungry, the carrot dies and I live. Thou shalt not kill, utter BULL S#&T, God created us in such a way that so that we have to kill to live, either we kill other things to live or we starve and kill ourselves, death is not a part of life it is a requirement of life. OK done ranting now but saying hunting violates the fifth commandment is close to the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Comment

i think as long as you eat the animal and not kill just to kill it is ok

Comment

Thou shalt not take anything in the bible literally. Thou shalt think about if it makes any sense, and thou shalt consider that it was written by one of many in the dark ages, the time when the Earth was flat and the center of the universe.

Comment

Theres a huge diffrence in killing another person, and killing an animal that you plan on eating. Not sure how you can compare the two of those in that aspect. I don't kill what I dont plan on eating sometime soon after.

Comment

I think that the person that said it should think before opening their mouth. Sounds like a politician to me.

Comment

Does the theme to the “Twilight Show” have any meaning to’ya!

Have the person read these 4 links

http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/kaibab.html
                              http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story1.html
                              http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story2.html
                              http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story3.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad