Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After reading about the,"Mystery Rifle: Muzzleloader Found In Montana," I wondered if anyone has been as fortunate/lucky as Maxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading about the,"Mystery Rifle: Muzzleloader Found In Montana," I wondered if anyone has been as fortunate/lucky as Maxx

After reading about the,"Mystery Rifle: Muzzleloader Found In Montana," I wondered if anyone has been as fortunate/lucky as Maxx Martel? Have you ever discovered a treasure or anything of value? Please describe the circumstances ...

I found a fishing rod and reel, with a nice spinner bait still attached to it once. My buddy and I were floating down this river we usually fished on his jon boat in Western Virginia, and as we came up on this calm area with some brush and stuff along the banks, i seen a glimpse of light hit me in the eye from the bottom of the 4 or 5 foot deep area we were fishing.so i took off my boots,socks and shirt, took my wallet out of my pants and jumped in. when i came up i was the proud owner of a new fishing pole and reel, and one spinner bait. i took my new things home and took the reel apart and cleaned it up and oiled it all up and it worked like a champ. i got about 2 years of good fishing out of that rod and reel until one night i was cat fishing, and i got up to get a drink out of the cooler and then i walked up the bank a short ways to my truck to get fresh can of dip. when i got back down to my pole it wasnt there. so i guess maybe someone else found it at the bottom of the river and is still using it today.

Comment

Closest thing i've ever come to was a couple of 1/8 ounce splitshot on a dock.

Comment

My grandfather once found a blunderbuss lodged in a rock wall in upstate NY.

Comment

i have found several coins with my metal detector. thats about it.

Comment

kolbster, where were you lookin' when you discovered the coins?

Comment

Good answer usmcnate22 and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad