Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever got really really lost? for how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever got really really lost? for how long?

have you ever got really really lost? for how long?

When I was younger, much younger, when I was 9 years old, my mom and step-dad lived on a farm.
    The next door neighbor, and some friends, went for a hike into the woods, and my little brother wanted to follow them,who was 7 years old at the time.

My little brother decides we walked too far in the woods, and now he is going to take the road back.I go after him, and lose the neighbor and friends.

Nothing looks familiar, as it starts to get dark. I hear a dog barking off in the distance, and decide to walk towards the noise. I noticed a man working on a tractor, and walk over in his direction. He was surprized to see me, and asks where I came from.
    I tell him,and his wife makes a phone call for my parents to come and get us.

In the mean time, we sit down to dinner. I remember to this day how delicious the meal was,fried chicken,mashed potatoes with gravy,corn-on-the-cob,sliced tomatoes ... and for dessert,the first time I ever ate it,bannana cream pie!

It took my parents 45 minutes, to go the backroads to retreive there lost prodigals. All in all,we were lost for over 8 hours,and now, when I go into the bowels of the deep woods, I always look back to see where I have come from, to gain the proper perspective.

I never did as a lost child, pull the panic button ...

Comment

I have walked in circles before on a big mountaintop flat, on an overcast, kind of foggy day, for a couple hours while still hunting. I wasn't lost by any stretch, but i didn't intend to walk in circles either. After passing a landmark three times in a couple hours, i took my compass out. problem solved.

Comment

Alaska, couple years ago. I'd been in the valley dozens of times, but everything grows so fast when it rains to much, and when I was finished with my shortcut through the muskeg, I reentered the forest in an unfamiliar spot and spent the next 4 hours following a tiny trickle that became a little stream that fed into the river that crossed the road. Not fun, but I laughed anyway. What else can you do?

Comment

2Poppa,
          Damn, You just gave me chills. Good lord let it happen to anyone other than kids. YOU were lucky.

Comment

I have only been lost down south in the swamps once and only one time in the mountains. Both occurances thankfully lasted only a matter of hours. But in big cities in a vehicle I have been lost about 100 times for what seemed like months.

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

No!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad