Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you folks utilize receiver or tang sights on your hunting rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you folks utilize receiver or tang sights on your hunting rifles?

How many of you folks utilize receiver or tang sights on your hunting rifles?

I use a tang peep sight on my traditional muzzleloader because I wear tri-focals and cannot see open sights.

Comment

I have a tang peep on a .22 I use for rabbits and vermin and a receiver sight on a model 94 .375 win. for bigger critters .

Comment

I have an adjustable aperture sight on my Savage 99 .358 Winchester. I have a buckhorn open rear sight on a Savage 99 .300 Sav, but it will get a 1-4x Leupold or an aperture sight during its refurb. I'm going to change the open sight on one of my smokepoles to a peep sight before next hunting seaso. I can't focus on both rear and front sights anymore.

Comment

I have a pep sight on my Marlin M~1894P-44 Magum With a 16.1/4" Ported Barrel, it has fold~down Buck horn sights and hooded front sight.

Comment

I have a pep sight on my Marlin M~1894P-44 Magum With a 16.1/4" Ported Barrel, it has fold~down Buck horn sights and hooded front sight.

Comment

sorry for the duble post big thumb.

Comment

Bee
                I have a fine old steel receiver sight on my 94 Win. but regrettably my eyes aren't getting any better and more and more I reach for my scope sighted rifles now.

Comment

I use them on all my 22 and 22mag rifles, one 45 cal muzzleloader and a 303 cal rifle. I prefer them to be honest, its what I learned with and I feel comfortable with them.

Comment

I use a peep sight on my 44 mag lever action, it helps with the older eyes. Just got a 357 lever gun & I'm going with a Marbles Bullseye sight to make it easy for my girlfriends 14 yr old daughter to shoot.

Comment

I have a peep sight on my muzzleloader as per the regs in Minnesota. Open sights on grandpa's Winchester .22 and my other .22. Factory open sight on T/C Encore .243 for the thick stuff.
                      Unfortunately I am starting to develop astigmatism in my right eye and often see double or have blurred vision. I think my days of open sight are numbered except when required by law and that means fewer opportunities as the range shortens. D'oh!!

Comment

I love 'em. I am currently saving to put one on each of my rifles. In the hills of East Tennessee you usually don't shoot far enough to need a scope. I fell in love with the one on my M1-A. Plus I like the way they come on target quickly. My 10/22 is probably next for practice.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Culture of Lying
                          by MattM37
                          I'd say it goes all the way back to the beginning. There are just a lot more ways to hear the lies nowadays.

Westward expansion, gold rushes,...
                          Today, 02:36 PM
                        • The Culture of Lying
                          by jhjimbo
                          The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                          Today, 08:16 AM
                        • Reply to Hhs
                          by MattM37
                          Not yet. It was decided to place it on the 2024 ballot, so it might or might not become law.

If it does, it'll be for homeless people...
                          Today, 02:12 PM
                        • Hhs
                          by jhjimbo
                          Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
                          08-13-2022, 04:13 PM
                        • Reply to Rainwater warning.
                          by MattM37
                          Well, I don't use the gutter spout as a drinking fountain anyway -- except when I'm really, really thirsty.

No mention in the article...
                          Today, 01:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X