Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you like better saltwater or freshwater fishing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I like freshwater for me!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rebel
    replied
    I like freshwater fishing the most.

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    I have done both extensively. I like to aim for a mix of each. For example I went saltwater fishing probably around 15-20 times last summer, and i went freshwater just about every day i didnt go saltwater. Saltwater is more of an experience typically....we usually run 15 or more miles offshore and stay out for at least 8 hours. Those days kick your a$$ if its sunny. Freshwater is more relaxing for me.

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    I like freshwater, but when I go on vacation, it's saltwater.

Leave a comment:

• timothyfaw
    replied
    freshwater you can see the fish better when you catch them

Leave a comment:

• Scottdamott
    replied
    Living in Virginia Beach VA, I can drive 10 min. one way and I have the atlantic, I can drive 10 min north and I have the chesapeake bay, or I can drive 10 minutes south and be fishing west neck creek. I usually choose freshwater, while saltwater is nice I get tired of staring at just water, with freshwater you get a much nicer surrounding. I've seen plenty of deer, otters, raccoons, black bear, bald eagles ect. ect. I can catch just as many panfish in a day on the river as I can sea bass and croaker in a day on the bay. Panfish taste mucho better! Also if the wind blows in the right direction the river gets more salty and I've even caught a flounder and stripers out there (the flounder was caught in 3' of water on a banjo minnow). But flounder an striper fishing is real fun, but I'd have to say freshwater (brackish in my case) is better.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I love the different varieties of fishing when in saltwater but Florida has great bass fishing too. I am not going to lie, even though I love being by the ocean, I usually go freshwater more than anything else so.....Freshwater.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    I prefer wading a mountain stream with a flyrod over all other types of fishing.

Leave a comment:

• RyanDilley7
    replied
    Saltwater

Leave a comment:

• wsimien
    replied
    I love both, but I sure hate having to fight high sea's! So ill say freshwater.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    Freshwater, I'm in Wisconsin so the closest saltwater is a thousand miles away.

Leave a comment:

• renegades
    replied
    freshwater fishing

Leave a comment:

• 007Dom
    replied
    Well I havnt really fished in saltwater to much I might have 1 time, But i really want to.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    like them both, but to me trout is the truest test of an angler.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    haha.

I don't think I really have enough saltwater experience to make a decision, but every time I've fished saltwater, it was a blast.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad