Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you like better saltwater or freshwater fishing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you like better saltwater or freshwater fishing??

what do you like better saltwater or freshwater fishing??

fresh water.the fish can"t eat you

Comment

haha.

I don't think I really have enough saltwater experience to make a decision, but every time I've fished saltwater, it was a blast.

Comment

like them both, but to me trout is the truest test of an angler.

Comment

Well I havnt really fished in saltwater to much I might have 1 time, But i really want to.

Comment

freshwater fishing

Comment

Freshwater, I'm in Wisconsin so the closest saltwater is a thousand miles away.

Comment

I love both, but I sure hate having to fight high sea's! So ill say freshwater.

Comment

Saltwater

Comment

I prefer wading a mountain stream with a flyrod over all other types of fishing.

Comment

I love the different varieties of fishing when in saltwater but Florida has great bass fishing too. I am not going to lie, even though I love being by the ocean, I usually go freshwater more than anything else so.....Freshwater.

Comment

Living in Virginia Beach VA, I can drive 10 min. one way and I have the atlantic, I can drive 10 min north and I have the chesapeake bay, or I can drive 10 minutes south and be fishing west neck creek. I usually choose freshwater, while saltwater is nice I get tired of staring at just water, with freshwater you get a much nicer surrounding. I've seen plenty of deer, otters, raccoons, black bear, bald eagles ect. ect. I can catch just as many panfish in a day on the river as I can sea bass and croaker in a day on the bay. Panfish taste mucho better! Also if the wind blows in the right direction the river gets more salty and I've even caught a flounder and stripers out there (the flounder was caught in 3' of water on a banjo minnow). But flounder an striper fishing is real fun, but I'd have to say freshwater (brackish in my case) is better.

Comment

freshwater you can see the fish better when you catch them

Comment

I like freshwater, but when I go on vacation, it's saltwater.

Comment

I have done both extensively. I like to aim for a mix of each. For example I went saltwater fishing probably around 15-20 times last summer, and i went freshwater just about every day i didnt go saltwater. Saltwater is more of an experience typically....we usually run 15 or more miles offshore and stay out for at least 8 hours. Those days kick your a$$ if its sunny. Freshwater is more relaxing for me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad