Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorte hunting moment?

favorte hunting moment?

Calling up my sons first turkey and being with my wife when she killed her first buck!

Comment

When a friend's son kicked up his first ruffed grouse. He just stood there with his jaw open and this shocked looked on his face. Never even got his gun up. Grouse do that to people.

Comment

I have several, but here is one from last Turkey Season (how appropriate, hmmm). Me and few of my buddies were calling to some toms from the top of timbered ridge and we could see them coming to our spot. After a while, it got real quiet and we knew they were at least within 70-80 yards of our spot. So we deciced to get higher and call down again. When we crested a ridge where a saddle met another ridge, I looked in the aspen brush and could not believe it! I saw 2 Turkeys fighting and clawing at each other! Wow, the domininant tom was on top and had the other one by the neck with his beak. We were hunting with Compound bows and everyone let one fly! After the feathers settled, one bird got away (the dominant tom) and the other one had 2 arrows stuck in its guts! I wish I would have had a camera to film that! I hope to see something like that one day with my children!

Comment

My first deer.

Comment

Watching and partiscipating in my two son's first deer.

Comment

Guiding a kid to his first buck. A 100" 8 pt.

Comment

Right now probably it is when my nephew got his first deer this year. It was a little disappointing that my brother-in-law couldn't be there. This is also my shortest hunt. I was in the stand for less than five minutes when I heard bang. It is funny, two doe walked up on him ten minuts after he got in the ladder stand.

Comment

My first time going hunting.

Comment

Any hunt with my son, extra special if he gets a shot which he rarely misses.

Comment

Getting my first flock of geese to lock up on my spread.

Comment

Having one of my brothers with me when I was bow hunting. Had deer all around us. And calling in a nice tom for my other brother even though he didn't get it. Those are it until they get their first animal.

Comment

getting up early in the morning to go elk hunting.

Comment

My first Whitetail!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad