Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will you be fishing more for the table this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will you be fishing more for the table this year.

will you be fishing more for the table this year.

I will, not just because of the economy, but because my wife likes when i bring home food that i harvested.

Comment

yes, panfish will be on my dinner table the next day off I have. Also sonce I live right next to both the ocean and the chesapeake bay salt water species will be on the plate also! Catch and release is cool, but sometimes you have to enjoy the fruits of your "labor"

Comment

yes im going to provide for my family even though im ten

Comment

I always fish for table! I will only keep what I can use though.

Comment

Talking with some people in the south, I remembered how much I loved crawfish when I lived in Louisiana. I've been considering setting out a couple of minnow/crawfish traps so I can have my own.

Comment

I always fish for the table. I don't fish for anything that isn't good to eat. That's why I don't understand the obsession with large mouth fishing. In my opinion, crappie fishing is much more fun.

Comment

YES BUT FOR OUR FAMILY DURING THE SUMMER IT IS JUST OUR FAVORITE HOBBY TO GO FISHING

Comment

I generally keep enough for one family meal and cook it very soon after the catch. I do not like to freeze fish.

Comment

nah. things are going pretty good at home

Comment

Teufelhunden,...I agree, fish is not the same after freezing. If you must, vaccuum pack.

Comment

I will be keeping a little more this year though I think that I may just shoot another deer. As for freezing fish if you place it in a ziplok bag and cover the fish with water you maintain the origional fresh flavor.

Comment

We will keep any walleye that are atleast 17 in. long and the occasional bluegill but thats about it. We usually have to fish pretty hard for a couple weeks to put a meal together beacause a fish fry is a social event in our neck of the woods and we seem to catch a lot of 15-16 inch walleye.

Comment

Yeah I will, generally because I'm back stateside again and loving the good life. Things are fine at home I just get more enjoyment these days being in the field and on the water.

Comment

Yes if i catch enough to feed my family

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad