Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have rifles, bows, etc. passed down from grandfathers, or fathers, what are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have rifles, bows, etc. passed down from grandfathers, or fathers, what are they?

How many of you have rifles, bows, etc. passed down from grandfathers, or fathers, what are they?

I have a 22. rifle that has been in my family for 3-4 generations. The info is worn off the barrel.

Comment

my deer rifle was my grandpas and i shot a really nice 12 two years ago with it

Comment

i have a rifle that has been passed down, but as far as bows go i pick my own compound bow and carbon arrows.

Comment

i have a winchester 97 passed down from my grandfather a single shot 20 guage from my father and a sword passed down from my mother

Comment

I have an old 22 that was my grandfather's and a 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and a 410 that belonged to my dad.

Comment

I have a Winchester model 12 from my granddad and a Berretta O/U 12 ga passed down by my dad.
              My brother has a Remington 12 ga flintlock that was passed down from out granddad.

Comment

None here as my dad's second wife gave his guns to her kids from a previous marriage before I arrived at the funeral. More than likely they were pawned in Nashville shortly thereafter.

Comment

A good handful of my guns are passed down over at least 2 generations.

Comment

My Savage deer rifle was my dads. Don't know what happened to Grandpas guns...hmmm

Comment

A few but I'm partial to a LeFever grade G twist steel Damascus SxS that was my grandfather's. It only sees black powder loads.

Comment

I have a Ruger 77 30.06 that my Dad left me and the Remington 7400 .243 that my Grandpa left...I used the .243 to kill my first buck...I will never part with these rifles...

Comment

I did have, they were stolen about 20 years ago.

Comment

That's horrible they were stolen BeeKeeper. I have several hand me downs, My Grandpa's 1897 Winchester 12 gauge he bought new in 1928, Grandpa's Sporterized 1891 Argentine mauser, Old Winchester sigle shot 22lr, Bolt action .410.

Comment

My hand me downs are still sitting in a gun cabinet at my fathers house. I hope they stay there for a long time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Pistol shooting form.
                                by DakotaMan
                                I never tried that one 99, You learn something every day....
                                Today, 01:20 AM
                              • Reply to Hunting pants?
                                by PigHunter
                                I wear cotton all winter. In Central Alabama we rarely get snow and have relatively mild temps. I won't hunt if it's below 20 degF. A camo poncho is what...
                                Today, 01:17 AM
                              • Hunting pants?
                                by fitch270
                                This one came to mind as I replied to PigHunter's thread up top about "What's on your belt?". I started drifting but decided it might be worth...
                                Yesterday, 10:22 PM
                              • Reply to Hunting pants?
                                by DakotaMan
                                I usually wear a loose fitting pair of fairly heavy camo pants and a camo shirt for the season from short sleeve cotton to heavy wool. If it gets colder,...
                                Today, 01:13 AM
                              • Reply to What's on your belt?
                                by DakotaMan
                                I always have the knife, sometimes the old Ruger Single Six. ...
                                Today, 01:05 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X