Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am really, really outdoorsy but I want to pick up a new hobby, something exotic. I do all the obvious stuff: deer hunting, var

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tradbowyer3
    replied
    Try making you own knives, bows, and blowguns for example. I make my own and I try to make them the most cost efficient I can. For example I use a piece of scrap metal to make a knife. Also its not really exotic but geocashing is really fun.

Leave a comment:

• 4trx300
    replied
    give blacksmithing a try..

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    you could always join a grizzly bear artificial insemination team.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    If landscape painting is too tame for you, you might try bungee jumping, perhaps combined with handgun hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Try panning for gold.

Leave a comment:

• Hobob
    replied
    Metal detecting is fun and you find some cool stuff like silver coins fairly often.

Leave a comment:

• huntnow
    replied
    blackdawgz, you know that they make coffee pots that do that on their own right?

Leave a comment:

• Jere Smith
    replied
    reloading,photography,fishing,read,skeet,trap,run for office, redheads, the list is endless.

Leave a comment:

• huntnfishnut
    replied
    I am with furbuster. Fishing rod building is next on my list of things to try

Leave a comment:

• boof
    replied
    I figured it out, Im going to try to make my first ghillie suit this summer.

Leave a comment:

• jamesti
    replied
    reloading is not exotic, but it is challenging. you might enjoy it and it's something you can do when you can't get outside.

Leave a comment:

• Cgull
    replied
    I enjoy metal detecting, you never know what the next dig will be. Could be a 20 dollar gold piece or a diamond ring. I've found a nice little box of treasures over the last 35 years, no gold pieces yet.

Leave a comment:

• furbuster
    replied
    Fishingrod building or flytieing. You could also build your own bow & arrows or get into reloading.

Leave a comment:

• ltmssbb
    replied
    maby you clould try parahunting where you jump from a helecopter and bow hunt on you rway down.. lol jk

Leave a comment:

• slothman
    replied
    try noodleing, or hog hunting with dogs and a knife if you really want to get your heart pounding.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad