Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am really, really outdoorsy but I want to pick up a new hobby, something exotic. I do all the obvious stuff: deer hunting, var

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really, really outdoorsy but I want to pick up a new hobby, something exotic. I do all the obvious stuff: deer hunting, var

I am really, really outdoorsy but I want to pick up a new hobby, something exotic. I do all the obvious stuff: deer hunting, varmint hunting, duck and pheasant hunting, fishing, kayaking, camping, archery, boating, bowfishing etc.. What is something really different I could get into? I really want something exotic (cost efficent) and different. I was thinking astronomy or blowguns or metal detecting? Any suggestions?

First, Exotic is not typically cost efficient. and even the common things aren't cheap. What activity level are you looking for? White Water kayaking and Rock Climbing are a lot of fun. I look for things that challenge me, doesn't matter the level of obscurity. One last note, excelling in a field that is full of competition is much more satisfying than one with little or none.

Comment

try noodleing, or hog hunting with dogs and a knife if you really want to get your heart pounding.

Comment

maby you clould try parahunting where you jump from a helecopter and bow hunt on you rway down.. lol jk

Comment

Fishingrod building or flytieing. You could also build your own bow & arrows or get into reloading.

Comment

I enjoy metal detecting, you never know what the next dig will be. Could be a 20 dollar gold piece or a diamond ring. I've found a nice little box of treasures over the last 35 years, no gold pieces yet.

Comment

reloading is not exotic, but it is challenging. you might enjoy it and it's something you can do when you can't get outside.

Comment

I figured it out, Im going to try to make my first ghillie suit this summer.

Comment

I am with furbuster. Fishing rod building is next on my list of things to try

Comment

reloading,photography,fishing,read,skeet,trap,run for office, redheads, the list is endless.

Comment

blackdawgz, you know that they make coffee pots that do that on their own right?

Comment

Metal detecting is fun and you find some cool stuff like silver coins fairly often.

Comment

Try panning for gold.

Comment

If landscape painting is too tame for you, you might try bungee jumping, perhaps combined with handgun hunting.

Comment

you could always join a grizzly bear artificial insemination team.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to topic
                                by FirstBubba
                                You can only float the gears if the central processing unit rpm matches the hard drive ratio.
                                Double clutching also works if you find the sound...
                                Today, 07:42 PM
                              • topic
                                by jhjimbo
                                08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
                              • Reply to topic
                                by franchi20
                                Pick edit at the bottom of your post; choices will show up in a bar and include "delete". That will do what you want. Just for fun, l purposely...
                                Today, 07:03 PM
                              • Reply to Looking for a grain mill.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Back in the mid 80's, I was working as a rough carpenter in Dallas.
                                Showed up for work one morning and there was this dirty, longhaired, ragged...
                                Today, 06:45 PM
                              • Looking for a grain mill.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Recently found a local "niche" market for home ground whole wheat flour and cornmeal.
                                I have one grain mill, but a second would mean I...
                                08-06-2022, 04:34 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X