Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a bigginer outdoorsman as you would call it. my parents do not hunt or fish. my uncles does though and he has taken me hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Jim in Mo answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• joycey989
    replied
    ok i live in michigan and i would be useing this gear in the lower part to middle part of the state for deer hunting. and shoes and socks im alread st up woth cause our family owns shoe stores. thank you so much for you answers

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    For personal gear, get yourself a comfortable but warm pair of boots and good socks too. You can't shoot well or sit very long being cold.

Leave a comment:

• s-kfry
    replied
    Try Cabela's Bargan Cave: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/category/category.jsp?id=cat21404&navAction=jump&cmCat=Main Catcat21404&cm_re=TopNav*BargainCave*032009

Also, figure out what you want to get well ahead of time of needing it and buy stuff on sale, like hunting gear in January or fishing stuff in October.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Joycey, Watch the garage-sales and swap-meets in your area for outdoor stuff. Sometimes guy's wives sell off their hunting gear real cheap. No it hasn't happened to me yet.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Correction, hair brain flapping your lip you can use some yourself!

See, I’m not perfect ether!

By the way Engrish? How about English!

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    joycey989

Set back and read this blog and answers and you will get the idea what to do. I need more info what you plan to do and what part of the world

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    hunt_fish_sleep, Hey hair lip you can use some yourself!

Nobody is perfect including me, I haven’t found a good recipe for crow and boot yet, but as some of you folks know, I will eat my own words and stand corrected!!!

hunt_fish_sleep, when you think you that good, let’s step out on the range at the 1000 yard line!

When you pick on a beginner, you’re picking on this Ol’ Sandbagger too!!!!

hunt_fish_sleep, I find your kind to have low self esteem with a over inflated ego!!

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    As willkilldeer says, NEF is a good choice. Dependable and inexpensive. They are very light so will kick with slugs.

Another choice would be to go to a reputable gun shop, preferably one where there is a gunsmith. One with a range is even better. They probably have some used guns. Go with your uncle.

If you find one you like, have the gunsmith check it out to make sure everything works and that it hasn't been messed with. A good shop will let you try it out and return it if there is a problem. I bought a rifle once, took it to a range, dropped the cartridge in the chamber, and it went in about a half inch too far. Someone had reamed it out to another caliber and didn't mark the barrel. The gunsmith couldn't identify the caliber, probably a wildcat, so scrapped the gun.

Stay safe, and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    leave him alone, if want a shotgun look for a new england firearms they sell some great guns mostly singles but as they say one shot one kill also look in your local paper for used hunting gear if your parents won't let you buy a gun try for a bow

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    I think you might also be a bigginner in the Engrish and Grammar department too.

Leave a comment:

• joycey989
    replied
    i am looking for deer hunting gear, mainly shotgun rather then a rifle something less expensive but tough enough to last for a while

Leave a comment:

• joycey989
    replied
    yeah it was a small doe but still. yeah my parents though are almost ant hunting they think its dangerouse and they think guns are scarey or something so i have to do everything my self

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Ask your uncle for some "hand-me-downs"

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Congrats on your first deer. Sounds like your uncle got you started off on the right foot. You are lucky to have him.

What type of gear are you looking for?

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
    by 99explorer
    Moncef Slaoui, the top scientist advising the US government's Operation Warp Speed, predicted that more than 100 million Americans would be vaccinated...
    Today, 04:34 PM
  • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
    by Ontario Honker Hunter
    New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
    06-24-2020, 09:09 PM
  • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
    by Ernie
    Yes, it takes a certain temperament, to be a moderator. But the ridiculous amount of spam on this site is embarrassing
    Today, 04:31 PM
  • The Spam here is insane...
    by Ernie
    With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
    I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
    10-16-2020, 01:51 PM
  • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
    by FirstBubba
    Ernie, I've joined a couple of "sites" that has "on forum moderators".
    Sadly, I'm the one who got censored for a very innocuous...
    Today, 04:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X