Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a good catfish lake around Cary, NC It is by Raleigh. I am going there this summer and would like to finally catch a ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good catfish lake around Cary, NC It is by Raleigh. I am going there this summer and would like to finally catch a ca

Where is a good catfish lake around Cary, NC It is by Raleigh. I am going there this summer and would like to finally catch a catfish. Also, what should I use and what do I expect as far as the size of the catfish.

You can drive about an hour south and go to FT Bragg. You have to buy an additonal license but their lakes are intensly managed so you should not have a problem catching some catfish.

Comment

Lake Jordan is not that far from Cary. If you're just going for catfish in general and are fishing from the shore, go get you some dipbait and a few of the treble hooks designed to hold the dipbait. You can use a medium to heavy action spinning reel with at least 12 lb. test line. Tie it like a carolina rig, with a 3/4 oz. sinker above a 24-30 in. leader. Fling it out there and keep your finger on the line to detect a bite. When you feel that initial thump, set the hook. As far as size, don't expect anything monstrous fishing like this, but you never know!!!

Comment

Catfish are not very hard to catch. For average sized fish worms or cut bait fished on the bottom are very effective. Fish early or late in the day or a night for best luck.

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Lake Jordan!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
                        by FirstBubba
                        You have a very great point there, jhjimbo.
                        What we (?) do have is a media that won't expose it for the corruption it is and prefer to hide the...
                        Today, 04:24 PM
                      • Visible Voter "fraud"
                        by FirstBubba
                        First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Yesterday, 10:13 AM
                      • Reply to The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                        by rock rat
                        A time to count our blessings. Lots of wood for the stove, kids watching the tube, mom thinking of new ways to grow plants, and more food than we could...
                        Today, 03:25 PM
                      • The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                        by dewman
                        Thank you my Lord, for the time we were given to fellowship together here, for however the duration. Thank you for the knowledge passed, the ideas shared,...
                        Today, 08:40 AM
                      • Reply to Copper bullets
                        by rock rat
                        As I understand it lead from paint and lead from leaded gasoline is absorbed into the body much easier, than the bits from game meat. A famous study of...
                        Today, 03:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X