Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best Hand gun, rifle, shot gun, and all around best gun ever

What is the best Hand gun, rifle, shot gun, and all around best gun ever

I think the best shotgun around is the 12 gauge single shot. It is a very reliable gun. The one I have is made by New England firearms. it is also light weight.

Comment

I think the bestall around gun is a 12 gauge remington model 1100 ther lite dapendable and ther simi auto thay hold five in the tube and not very much recoil for a 12 gauge

Comment

It really depends on what your hunting or target shooting, etc. I like a .270 because its really versatile. But the .270 couldn't kill smaller game without damaging the meat so there are lots of things to think about before you pick your favorite gun.

Comment

The over all best gun to have is a 30-06, because you can use it for deer as well as moose. It the most versatile gun I know of.

Comment

the best rifle is a winchester 94

Comment

I love my Browning BPS but by popularity the 870 is probably the best shotgun. .30-06 is the best caliber of rifle but model wise its hard to say. Hangun any glock will work. I'll have to agree with peter as to the all around gun with a model 94, who hasn't shot a 94?

Comment

Without knowing your fancies,

Shotgun?
                Remington Model 870™ 12 gauge.

Rifle?
                Remington Model 700 BDL. If Mule deer is the largest on your list pick the 25-06 and if you’re going for Elk take the 30-06! That big magnum sure is luring, but you’re only gaining the velocity of an arrow of 250fps! Yes the 25-06 is the smallest cartridge recommended for Elk so you can go after with the 25-06 if you want to.

Comment

OOPS! I forgot the handgun!

Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 Remington Magnum!

Comment

For a shotgun, you have to go with the Remington Model 870, it will go BOOM for a long, long time. AS for a rifle you can't go wrong with a 30-06, this cartridge is so versatile and you can get many great models for this caliber. As for a handgun, you can't go wrong with the Colt 1911 in .45ACP. This gun is super reliable, easy to field strip, and has tons of after market parts to supe it up. This question will raise many great reponses.

Comment

A question like that really invites discussion (and debate), but I'll speak for myself.
                      If I lived in Alaska or southern California, I'd provide different answers, but I live in Northwestern Oregon.
                      Best rifle? A bolt action .280 or .30-'06 (Win M70, Rem 700, M98 Mauser).
                      Best shotgun? I agree with the Rem 870 in 12 gauge
                      Best sidearm? Autoloader: Model 1911A1 variant (such as the Kimber) in .45ACP
                      Revolver: S&W Model 686 .357 Magnum
                      Ask ten shooters and you'll probably get 9-10 different answers.

Comment

7mm-08 hands down....how many times have a written this in the Answer section?

Comment

I think that the best shot gun is the winchester modle 12 it is good all over round and it has been around for a while. So you know that it is a good shot gun. For a rifle I would say it is the 30-06 it is a real good all around gun. With good take down power for medium and big game. The next best has to be the good old original .22 its good for new and experinced hunters all around.

Comment

remington model 870 12 guage is definatley the bestshotgun

Comment

Rem 870 12 guage, Pre-64 mod 70 Win in 30-06 and a model 629 S&W with 8 3/8 inch barrel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Har, har, har. I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals,...
                                Today, 01:58 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
                                Today, 01:16 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by FirstBubba
                                Smooth lookin' AR D'Man!
                                Let us know how it shoots. 😃!
                                Today, 01:12 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X