Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most everybody knows that PETA is offering a $1,000,000 reward to anyone who can grow meat in a laboratory. This question has t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't so much as walk into a store that sold that Bull$hit.

Comment

Lab meat? That might go better in Korea, where yellow dog is on the menu. Sorry, couldn't resist.

So, PETA thinks it is okay to grow meat and consume it, though it would still be living tissue? They must not be from this planet. I've got no appetite for it, especially if in the form of green wafers.

Comment

I would never eat it.

P.E.T.A people-eating-tasty-animals

Comment

I wonder if PETA would protest if the labs were dirty or the test tubes were too small?

Comment

It is called a tissue culture and it is done everyday. I don't think it would work on a large scale. It could be used to produce "protein" if we ever get into a time when we couldn't do so in a conventional way. Anyone remember the old Charlton Heston movie, Soylent Green? Yuck...

Comment

Beekeeper - Soylent Green is the green wafers.

Comment

1. Yes there are.

2. They already have. They're now working on making it commercially viable.

3. It's a forgone conclusion. We won't have a choice. It's the only way we're going to be able to feed the expanding human population.

Outside of the first world, people eat considerable less meat per capita then we first worlders do. That's due to economic reasons. That's going to change as they industrialize and want to live a more Western lifestyle.

Comment

It makes a lot of sense. PETA people don't object to meat per se. They object to the way we obtain it.

Ingrid Newkirk, PETA's founder, is quoted as having said in an interview, "I loved meat, liver above all ... My God, I would eat it tomorrow. Now. I would eat roadkill if I could.

I'd eat burgers, steak, anything. I love car racing and meat. I am a boy at heart, I am my father's son ... On my way down into the District, I would stop in Potomac and pick up triple-ground prime meat ... I would break a raw egg and take onions and capers and I would mix it all, and I would go about checking on the animals while eating this raw food right out of my hand. I am just a raw-oyster, raw-meat-eating person who happened to find out what happened in the meat industry, and I just can't support it."

buckhunter wrote:

"That doesn't make sense. They don't eat meat but they are offering a $1,000,000 for meat?"

Comment

It's possible but I won't buy it!

Comment

It's possible but I won't buy it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad