Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most everybody knows that PETA is offering a $1,000,000 reward to anyone who can grow meat in a laboratory. This question has t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most everybody knows that PETA is offering a $1,000,000 reward to anyone who can grow meat in a laboratory. This question has t

Most everybody knows that PETA is offering a $1,000,000 reward to anyone who can grow meat in a laboratory. This question has three parts: 1.) Is anyone actually working on growing meat in a lab? 2.) Do you think is even remotely possible? 3.) Would you ever buy lab meat if it found it's way to grocery stores?

No, No, and, uh,...NO!

Comment

1)My uncle does medical/biological research and not that I have heard, 2)possibly, dolly the sheep remember? 3)NOT A CHANCE!! I work for a large Farm/Feedlot, firstly it would be creepy, secondly can't be spending money on an industry trying to put me out of a job!

Comment

1.Why would you spend so much on such a pointless endeavor when you drive you car down the road and hit meat that would probably taste better.
        2.I dont think it is possible now because any "meat" that could be grown would probably lack many nutrients and the excellent taste of meat.
        3.My dad is a farmer, so as 16gapheasent said, why would i support something that is trying to put my family out of bussiness???

Comment

This is a shameless request but are your freezers getting as empty as mine? so lets buy some real American raised USDA Grade A Beef! Only sayin' since we shipped off 220 head to IBP or Tyson rather today lol but seriously This is an assanine concept as far as nutritional value goes they can insert vitamins and minerals, but I agree on the taste issue, probably would taste as steril as the enviornment it was engineered in

Comment

Tissues can be grown in a lab, but not in some magical spontaneous generation way, or in a way that would produce any useable amount of food. An example being when they grew the human ear on the mouse's back. But who the hell would eat any of that anyway?

Kill it and Grill it! The best way to eat meat.

Another on the long list of STUPID ideas the PETA morons have come up with.

Ever hear about the one where they tried to put hunter orange on deer to protect them? What a crock! We can just see 'em from farther away!

Comment

Does it count if I breed, raise, then slaughter a cow in a lab, it will have technically been grown in a lab.

Comment

Yeah, Steve Colbert did a report on it, this scientist from Russia, I think is doing some research and calling the product, SHMEAT! A combo of $H*T and MEAT! WTF?

Comment

I read in a book that it actually is possible to make fish meat in a laboratory, If I remember right it was called the Founding Fish. What they do is combine the correct fats and proteins and its supposed to make a meat. But I know I wouldn't eat it for a million bucks

Comment

I know what GOD would say

Get your own jar of clay to create life!!!

Comment

If you don't have to kill it first then it ain't even close to being meat.

Comment

Yes people are working on it and it is possible. We talked about this a year or so in my bioengineering class. I sure as hell wouldn't buy it, but I guarantee you PETA members would.

Comment

That doesn't make sense. They don't eat meat but they are offering a $1,000,000 for meat?

Comment

buckhunter this is PETA that we are talking about, when does anything they do make sense. For the record no way am I going to eat it or give it to my family.

If it wasn't killed it ain't gettin' grilled.

Comment

I know for a fact there are colleges doing research on growing organs for transplants such as kidneys. My son spent a summer at Emory University studying Biomedical engineering. Haven't heard anything about growing meat, but organs yes. Son decided he did not like playing God and went on to become a Chemical Engineer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad