Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the south we call something ghostly or unexplainable a "booger". This is the kind of thing that raises the hair on the back o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWD- el chupacabra

a rough translation is 'goatsucker'

check out this link
    http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/073107kvuechupacabrafind-cb.cc11e691.html

Comment

Thank you, KingFisher . . .

I accessed the link you sent me and looked at the picture of the bizarre creature from the news story. From the picture, it is difficult to determine the creature's size or weight, but in terms of body, shape, head structure, teeth (or fangs) and hairlessness the creature I saw in the wilds and the one in the picture are fairly similar, much more so than anything else I've come across. One major difference between the creature in the picture and the freakish thing I saw in the wilds is that "my" creature had clear, distinct, mottled colors all over its body. I don't believe the colors or the hairlessness had anything to do with mange.

I believe there exist creatures "out there" in the wilds that are very rare, very elusive, primarily nocturnal, which people almost never see. What I saw up there on that hill was one of those creatures.

TWD

Comment

Adventures in cryptozoology.

Comment

My biggest booger is when your walking to your stand and you unknowingly scare an owl. I have come so close to messing my pants when I've scared up some owls. You'll just be walking along and see something huge over your head and hear a loud flapping/rustling sound. It'll scare the devil out of you. Another booger is when your sitting in your stand and the transition from dusk to dark is made and the coyotes and owls start making their noises. Creepy stuff. It's times like those that make your gun seem inadequate.

Comment

Hello

T.W, found your report very interesting. Found it matches the characteristics of "Shunka Wara'kin.

Try reading this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunka_warakin

Does this picture match?http://media.photobucket.com/image/ringdocus/coastwizard/Canids/5.jpg

Its not a hoax. That animal was stuffed and is currently in a museum.

Comment

Owls can make some wicked sounds.

Comment

Agreed with 16gapheasantphiend answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad