Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently got a HoytUSA Eclipse bow, this bow is gray with black in it. Not exactly tactical for hunting. I want to paint the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I just leave it!!!

Leave a comment:

• badgerbowboy
    replied
    I've been shooting archery for the past 6 years and I'm now at hunting age the only problem is my bow is red but everything else works what should I do besides get it painted?

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    Use a high quality latex paint that will flex with the draw and not chip off. Don't use spray paint because that will chip off at the stress points.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I would use differnt color sparys, green, tan, brown. Use leaves and such as stencils, or make stencils. I've seen it done on older bows, looks fine. Just be sure to spray lightly. Smell shouldn't be a problem by deer season.

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    leave it or have it dipped

Leave a comment:

• Notagoodhunter
    replied
    paint it a dark color with plastic-adhesive paint

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    I'd leave it. I wouldn't take the chance of messing it up.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    You can get it camo dipped (just search the Internet). Might cost more than painting it yourself but it will come back professionally done. $150.

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    replied
    I am going to be painting it because I can not stand the apperance and I want to bow hunt turkeys next year.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    I'd leave it like it is unless you can't stand the appearance as the deer don't care. It'll work for you.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    Honestly gray and black is about as good a green and black. My rifle is all black and I've killed lots of deer in bow range with it. I've got a buddy that has a stainless with synthetic stock and he kills deer within bow range with it.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I would try and duracoat it... that stuff is amazing. It comes in all different colors and can even be put on as a camo pattern. It will deffinantly take away some of the maintenance time... Duracoat is also very durable

Leave a comment:

• I recently got a HoytUSA Eclipse bow, this bow is gray with black in it. Not exactly tactical for hunting. I want to paint the

I recently got a HoytUSA Eclipse bow, this bow is gray with black in it. Not exactly tactical for hunting. I want to paint the bow. Does anyone have any ideas on how to paint it and what I should use?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad