Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the best hunting boots you've ever owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Rocky Cornstalkers for sure!!!

Leave a comment:

• TayJackStone
    replied
    What about Russell Moccasin boots? I am about to buy a pair from there. What do you all think?

Leave a comment:

• jmeerpohl
    replied
    For stalking in rough country, Vasque GTX Skywalkers, for sneeking through the Florida and georgia woods, my LL Bean pacs. For high country elk on horseback and sitting in cold stands, driving quads. I like my Schnees Bisons

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    my favorite so far are my Irish setters

Leave a comment:

• deerhunter125
    replied
    danner pronghorns 1000 grams of thinsulate. they are super light.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    I am having really good luck with Danner Pronghorns. My current pair lasted a season of Guiding Elk hunters, a couple months of whitetail hunting, and 2 months of shed hunting so far this spring. They fit good, and I haven't had as many blister problems as with previous boots.

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    I have a pair of ROCKY Sport Utility Max boots. They are big and heavy, but it cant hurt to build a little leg muscle, plus I've already gotten used to them. I honestly havent tried many boots, but they are great. Great traction, great warmth. I will definately buy another pair of ROCKYs.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    Belleville 700s are the most comfy boots for the money. Of course, in my case it was $0. The Corps didn't want them back when I retired.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Uninsulated Cabela's Meindls are the best for me in the early season. Comfortable and supportive, and so easy to get into and out of because of their lacing system. Would like a pair of their winter boots.

For the price, Cabela's Outfitters are excellent. I use a 10" 1,000 gram insulated pair for winter hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Notagoodhunter
    replied
    I've recently gotten some mossy oak boots there great

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    Lacrosse "swampers" Burleys

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    Wolverine 8" leather boots with Thinsulate.

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    For early season, I use a light weight boot, Vasque.

For most of the season, I use the Rocky Bearclaw, they too are lightweight, warm, and like a 4 wheel drive, allows me to climb up steep slopes.

When the weather is below zero, I go to a pair of boots that are really warm, great traction, and have a superb, lateral ankle support, the ^Solo.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Danner Pronghorn Gore-Tex Uninsulated and Danner Universal Hunter (Foothill) Gore-Tex 400GM Insulation.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    Different boots for different weather but given a brand choice Schnee's is very difficult to beat. Other companies make similiar models but I know Schnee's will stand behind what they sell.
    Clay I once had a pair of Danners that I bought new in August of 1990 specifically for sheep hunting in the Absorka Range of Wyoming. In 27 days they were absolutely worn out with the lugs cleaved of the bottom of both boots by the chisel like rocks of the area. These boots were used hard every day, very hard. After the season I phoned Danner and was told that those expensive boots were designed to work perfectly anywhere in the world plus I should send them back for inspection. I packed them up and off they went to Danner via L. L. Bean. A few weeks later I get a phone call asking if I wanted another pair or boots or my money back. They were already planning on reformulating the composition of the soles due to other complaints. Good company that listens to customers and make good boots that require little or no break-in.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad