Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albert Dancy got to be buried in his '67 Chevy pickup. How do you want to be buried? Current plans are to have my ashes scatte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Dancy got to be buried in his '67 Chevy pickup. How do you want to be buried? Current plans are to have my ashes scatte

Albert Dancy got to be buried in his '67 Chevy pickup. How do you want to be buried? Current plans are to have my ashes scattered over my haunts ... er, favorite fishing and hunting grounds.

There is a large birch tree along the fence line in the back of my property underwhich I buried my dog Buck in 1999. That'll do just fine for me.

Comment

i want to have part of my ashes loaded up into shotgun shells by my children (provided i have any) and shot out on the trap fields at Linden Sportsmans Club. The rest can sit on the mantle or be scattered at various places of sentimental value

Comment

I like the idea of scattering ashes throughout my favorite places in that I hunt in the Rockies. It would have to be done in secret by my remaining friends as dumping ashes in the National Forests and Wilderness areas is now considered a crime or so I am told.

Comment

I have always wanted a viking burial. In which they build a small raft with some of your prized items. Then push you out to see and light it on fire.

Comment

A few weeks ago, I finally got up the courage to ask my mom what she wanted. After all my anticipation she was glad I asked. Figured I'd make my wishes clear so they don't sit there scratching their heads when it's my time. A living will makes the decision for them, too - pull the damn plug!

Comment

When I'm gone iI want wo be dressed the way I always dress, in jeans and a camo shirt. If they bury me in a suit I'm gonna come back and haunt their a$$. From the church to the plot I want to 90 mph, so it doesn't take to long, short and sweet, then pour a beer on my grave as you leave.

Comment

I want to be sucked into a blackhole. Although that will never happen considering the nearest one is many many lightyears away. The idea of being sucked into the unknown fascinates me.

Comment

Bury me with my family. I don't want a fancy funeral or casket. I want to be dressed in comfortable clothes and I want the lid closed. I don't want to be proped up for a bunch of folks to galk at. Laugh and smile for me, don't cry because I will be in a better place. I'll be sitting on the front porch with those who have gone before enjoying the companionship of all my old dogs...

Comment

Beekeeper - Reminds me of a poem that was printed in the paper when John Wayne died. I always thought it was recited at Wayne's funeral, but the only reference I can find is that Wayne recited it at the funeral for director, Howard Hawks:

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
                    I am not there. I do not sleep.
                    I am a thousand winds that blow.
                    I am the diamond glints on snow.
                    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
                    I am the gentle autumn rain.
                    When you awaken in the morning's hush
                    I am the swift uplifting rush
                    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
                    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
                    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
                    I am not there, I did not die.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

I would like to be cremated and have my ashes spread up in the mountains.

Comment

MLH,

I haven't heard that one in years. It says it all doesn't it...?

Comment

Pine box lined with balsam boughs, in my wools, with my 30-30, on my property overlooking my beaver pond

Comment

Cremated and spread out over some trout stream and throughout a cedar swamp in the Upper Peninsula. Then everybody will go to the hall that I have rented (it's going to be in the will) and party till daylight. No crying, unless your laughing your a$$ off due to good memories.

Comment

wallofsam, you must be Irish. I remember a story of an Irish guy whose friends took his body and laid it out on the bar at his favorite pub, then toasted him with more than a few rounds.

I reminded a friend's wife that at his funeral, if she heard laughing, it was not out of disrespect. Just the contrary, they were remembering the great times.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                                Today, 04:39 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by 99explorer
                                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                                Today, 03:02 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                                Today, 02:39 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                I am most pleased with the Barrett confirmation, now we only need to see the fallout from the D’s. With the reelection of Trump, probably not too much...
                                Today, 01:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X