Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bow or gun wich are you for?

bow or gun wich are you for?

Both, I can deer hunt from October thru Feburary 28! O'Ya BABY!

Comment

Mainly gun, but would like to try bow hunting, in fact just got done shooting 100 arrows into a target.

Comment

both

Comment

I like bow hunting better. I call gun season easy meat lol.

Comment

I love bows but use guns more. The main reason for the departure is a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and I desperately don't want to have surgery. Every time I pull a 65 lb bow it hurts pretty bad. Its hell getting old so you younger guys get with the program while you can.

Comment

I like the gun better but I start scouting and stand placing using my bow. And if a place is public hunted or hunted hard in general then I go in with my bow. The deer may not respond as well but they will be there and you can pattern them better if your are there a month earlier.... A lot of people will tell you to go out and glass a field, but I say that's a waste of time if you can stick one with a broadhead! Also I like taking my camera with me bow hunting, if I can't get one within bow range then that 400mm will work fine and I can lust all over them till gun season!.

CB

Comment

gun

Comment

Although I first started hunting with a gun, I began bowhunting and loved it every since. Bowhunting adds an extra challenge of getting closer to the animal and not giving the option of a quick reload. I like it becuase it is more challenging

Comment

Gun all the way baby.

Comment

I hunt with both, looking at getting a long bow.

Comment

mostly gun i would like to bow hunt

Comment

Both I love bow hunting, but there is something about gun season that I love. It is nice to get away for a week and hangout with the guys. I usualy bow hunt alone espesialy late in the season because it is too cold for some of the guys I hunt with.

Comment

I definately say bowhunting. With a bow, you have to get closer to the deer which forces you to learn how to hie yourself better and to know the deer better. With a gun, theres is still a lot of skill involved(so dont get mad at me gunhunters), but not nearly as much as with a bow. But I completely understand those that use a gun because they NEED the deer meat.

Comment

I would say a firearm, but depending on the location, a bow might be better

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad