Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, i leave for new york tomorrow. is anyone from there and can you give me some tips on the hunting and fishing? would like to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, i leave for new york tomorrow. is anyone from there and can you give me some tips on the hunting and fishing? would like to

ok, i leave for new york tomorrow. is anyone from there and can you give me some tips on the hunting and fishing? would like to jump right into it when i get there. will be in the endicott area. thanks.

I use to be, where in NY are you bound for?

Comment

Have a safe trip, James. Are you coming back to CO for the fall hunt? Best of luck bact there in Yankeeland.

WMH

Comment

treestand, will be in endicott next to binghampton.
        mtnhunter, i would have to be dead to miss the fall hunt in colorado!

Comment

James,
          I know it well, on a map look for a town called "AFTON"
          on that map look for Begee Rd & Lingey Rd its on a mount top they have 20,000 Ac of State land. if you go there the deer are BIG (175-250Lb) Good Luck
          and Stay Safe my Brother.

Comment

The Finger Lakes regond are great for hunting and fishing, there's lots of public water and tons of farmland that dosen't get hunted, you shouldn't have any trouble finding land to hunt. Good luck to you!

Comment

thanks for the help and well wishes. i hear new york is a scary place. good thing i'm a gun owner.

Comment

My favorite area for varminting was the rolling hills and dairy farms around Oneonta, Delhi, and Delancey. You'll be well within reach of the Adirondacks, and I think you've got a great deal to look forward to in this area. I agree with Treestand; many of the whitetail you encounter will be well-nourished and very respectable.
                New York State is a fine place to live. I reserve my pointed criticisms for the city, which is a very encapsulated metropolitan madhouse on any workday and (thankfully) a healthy distance from Endicott. Should you visit it, you will probably marvel at the contrast. I look forward to your impressions after you've gotten there and had a chance to look around. I think you'll be very pleased!

Comment

Good Luck James and Have a Safe Trip!!!

Comment

NY a scary place? I lived in NY my whole life and I don't see why that is. I'm in south western NY by letchworth state park, great hunting around here, all woods and farms. Many places around NY are residential and/or cities but when you get to the country parts like I am it's beautiful out here.

Comment

MPN,
                      I would Love to come and Visit you sometimes if you don't mind...When is the best time to go???

Comment

Rudy,
                        Seeing as I live here any time haha. I got 150 acres you can hunt and there is 41,000 acres of state land in the county I live in (Allegany county). It really is good hunting around here.

Comment

Did alittle more research, there is 46,307 acres of state land - 2,050 acres of county forest - 10,378 acres of Wildlife Management ares and 23 state forests in Allegany county NY. This is not including the acres of private land.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's going on in the cities?
                            by labrador12
                            Rochester NY has 14 shot at party, 2 deaths. NY Safe Act in action. Democrats just can't understand the relationship between the law abiding and the lawless....
                            Today, 09:38 AM
                          • What's going on in the cities?
                            by labrador12
                            If a white guy shot 12 children there would be hell to pay, and rightfully so. Chicago saw 101 shot this weekend, 14 fatally. Why is there no outrage?...
                            06-22-2020, 10:00 AM
                          • Reply to Rip -rbg
                            by FirstBubba
                            I don't think the GOP is a bunch of, "weak old ladies".
                            I think they're just trying to play by the rules, but dealing with a bunch of...
                            Today, 09:37 AM
                          • Rip -rbg
                            by fitch270
                            2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                            Yesterday, 09:26 PM
                          • Reply to What's going on in the cities?
                            by labrador12
                            No. Rupert isn't opening this year. I'm booked for Sept 30th to Bellingham. The $ is outrageous. I hope the poop gets grouped a little better next year...
                            Today, 09:34 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X