Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend didn't oil his muzzeloader & left it in his closet all winter,it messed up the rifleing in his rifle. We were wonderin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend didn't oil his muzzeloader & left it in his closet all winter,it messed up the rifleing in his rifle. We were wonderin

My friend didn't oil his muzzeloader & left it in his closet all winter,it messed up the rifleing in his rifle. We were wondering if we could hone out the rest of the rifling and make it into a inline shotgun. What do you think?

The answer to your question is yes. I have done a couple over the years like this. The results are certainly nothing to write home about. We could never make the guns pattern worth a darn and neither of the owners were interested in having chokes cut into the bore. If the gun were mine I would pursue getting a new barrel from the manufacturer.

Comment

i would go to a gun smith for that info if you do it your self you might get hurt when shooting it

Comment

For future referance, use Bore Butter. Works amazing.

Comment

I use Bore Butter myself, guess he didn't know any better. Live & learn the hard way.

Comment

Oil not a good idea!

Bore Butter, good idea!

What I love about my Savage MZ, I can shoot it all day long on Thanksgiving with out cleaning and don't have to worry about it until after New Years or Easter!

Comment

What's the difference about the Savage Mz that you don't have to clean it?

Comment

His you can use smokeless powder.

Comment

You may very well be able to lead lap the barrel and attain decent accuracy with the remaining rifling.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad