Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very hard day today. my daughters go back to alaska after there summer vacation. the good thing is that i was able to instill in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very hard day today. my daughters go back to alaska after there summer vacation. the good thing is that i was able to instill in

very hard day today. my daughters go back to alaska after there summer vacation. the good thing is that i was able to instill in them a new love for the outdoors. their mother can't stand camping or fishing and they have really grown to enjoy it this summer. that's going to p\*\*\* off their mom and that makes me happy! kind of bittersweet.

How does any kid grow up in Alaska without developing a love of the outdoors? Hopefully the seeds you planted will grow in that fertile soil.

Comment

Sounds like you've given them the gift of quality time and a taste for the outdoors that'll develop and last for a lifetime. They're only children for a short while; they'll choose their own activities and directions soon. It's really too bad that their mother lives in Alaska and hasn't developed a love of the outdoors...wasted opportunities.

Comment

Hang in there Jamesti. This must be very difficult today. Congratulations to you for teaching your daughters to appreciate and enjoy what nature offers. Maybe, to help keep the memories fresh, you can occasionally send them a fishing lure and a story to go with it. And be sure to tell them about the great outings you have planned for the next time they come back home.

Comment

I sure don't envy you having to say goodbye to your daughters. Keep your chin up-you gave them something to go home with.

Comment

Is it legal to live in Alaska and not love the outdoors? If they haven't made a law against that yet, they should :-)

Comment

thanks for that guys. almost missed the plane. thier mother is a spoiled princess and i'm trying to keep my girls from ending up that way.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad