Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife and I have been thinking about moving to the Northwest for a while now. I live in Colorado now and love the hunting and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with idahooutdoors answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• pumakitchen
    replied
    Thanks for the all the help. I think what I am most afraid of loosing if we move is the variety, Here in colorado you can hunt whitetail, mule deer, elk, we have turkey and upland game birds, decent fishing for both warm water and cold species. Clay I am not old enough to retire, and I don't own a home yet. I am looking for a good place to have children and enjoy the outdoors. Idahooutdoors, my wifes email address is [email protected] For those of you who asked I am looking at oregon, washington and idaho. I am looking for a place like Colorado about 20 years ago, before everybody from California and texas moved here. I love the mountains and all they offer, but would like more access to water. thanks for all the help.

Leave a comment:

• buddyboy564
    replied
    Move to MN it has great hunting and fishing

Leave a comment:

• CRAWLIFE
    replied
    Don't move to Seattle.Idaho was the coolest place I think I've ever seen.But just in case you were considering WA don't move to Seattle!

Leave a comment:

• cjmurdoch
    replied
    How far to the NW? Here in Idaho, we are the "dumb northern cousins" of everybody else and I like it that way. LOL! Seriously, though, what are you looking for and what are your, um, politics? If you are looking for a place to land where the people support the outdoor sports (without question), E. Washington, E. Oregon, most of Idaho (excluding Sun Valley Area), and Montana are good picks.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    pumakitchen
    Unless you’re retired and able to live off of it, I suggest you stay where you’re at. Want to get away from people then do one of two things, get you a good ¾ or 1 ton truck and a toy hauler or move to Alaska. I found out, you can be in paradise and live in hell or live in hell and go enjoy paradise!

One more thing, the way things are now, once you let go of it such as a house good luck into getting back into!

Nice Elk Deer, I mean Mulie!

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    I live in Kamiah, in North Central Idaho. We are surrounded by the largest chunks of public ground in the lower 48. The Clearwater river flows through town and we have sea run Steelhead and Salmon fishing, along with multiple trout and bass species. 6 main rivers within 1hr drive, many small lakes, Dworshack reservoir, countless High Mountain Lakes and small streams. lots of big game hunting, though wolves have hurt hunter success rate for the elk. I can send you more info on the area and some links if you email me [email protected] One thing nice about our area is you can live in the river valleys and have light winters (1000ft elev) or you can live out of the valleys and have all the snow you want.

Leave a comment:

• Kkeltic
    replied
    I was born in Oregon and it's grown a lot but still has lots of space and land is pretty reasonable in most areas. Bass fishing can be good, but largemouths are smallish compared ot Cal., though samallies are good. You can still catch nice trout, steelhead, but salmon fishing is hurting.
    Hunting is pretty good, deer, elk, bear, antelope, goats etc.

Leave a comment:

• My wife and I have been thinking about moving to the Northwest for a while now. I live in Colorado now and love the hunting and

My wife and I have been thinking about moving to the Northwest for a while now. I live in Colorado now and love the hunting and fishing opportunities but I need to get away from the people. Anyone on this site from that area, what are opportunites like? Are there chances at several species both hunting and fishing?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad