Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good trout recipies that take out the fishy taste? I dont like realy fishy tastes in my fish so how do you take it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good trout recipies that take out the fishy taste? I dont like realy fishy tastes in my fish so how do you take it out.

good trout recipies that take out the fishy taste? I dont like realy fishy tastes in my fish so how do you take it out.

Leave the skin on, bones and all. Take the two filets, butter both halves and add thinly sliced lemon. Walla Walla sweet onions, just a few slices added to the filets, sandwhich the whole thing with salt and pepper(coarse), wrapped in Reynolds heavy duty oven wrap(aluminum foil won't do), slam it on the BBQ, don't turn but cover at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. You know it's done when you can pull the flesh away with a fork. Fishy smell and taste GONE!

Have a great Independence Day and remember to shake the hand of any service man or woman you run into this weekend, deal?

Comment

remember that fresh fish doesn't smell fishy. keep the fish on ice or in fresh cold water. that should keep the fishy smell/taste down

Comment

i cut the head off and gut the fish and basically do what countitandone says lemon sweet onion inside with almonds. Sometimes i ad a cajun seasoning but i love spicy food. . o and butter just a small slice in the middle of the fish rap in tinfoil and grille it up for 15 20 min.

Comment

The above posts are good suggestions. My favorite is smoked trout. Soak them in your favorite brine solution over night and put them in your smoker with some good hardwood for a couple of hours. I have to fight the family for the smoked trout!

Comment

PAS, I'm gonna try your take on this! Thank you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad