Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is a followup question to one i had a few days ago. We are going to southern Pennsylvania in july. Now this may sound wierd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is a followup question to one i had a few days ago. We are going to southern Pennsylvania in july. Now this may sound wierd

this is a followup question to one i had a few days ago. We are going to southern Pennsylvania in july. Now this may sound wierd to you people that live around there but can we catch trout in the streams in july and what should we use. The reason i'm asking this is because we fish for trout in maine and you can catch them all through the summer but I have no clue if I can do this in other states.

Good question. It depends on the stream. Most of PA waters are stocked warm water fisheries that are too warm for trout in the summer. I would suggest contacting a local shop or website for summer trout waters.

Comment

You want to fish streams in that area that are spring-fed, they'll be cooler.

Comment

you can catch them but not as easily than early. abnd for the lour i recommend a trout magnet and a brook trout rapala count down

Comment

I agree with buckhunter...here in Lancaster Co., the trout fishing is not good in the dead of summer. For the most part, the streams are too slow and suffer from farm runoff. Thinks smallies instead.

Comment

It's not great fishing trout in the summer!

Comment

It's not great fishing trout in the summer!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad