Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been coming to this site now for awhile and have tried to put my smartest, well thought out statements on here that I fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been coming to this site now for awhile and have tried to put my smartest, well thought out statements on here that I fee

I have been coming to this site now for awhile and have tried to put my smartest, well thought out statements on here that I feel could help sportsmen. But I have to say that when I go through alot of these posts, I can tell that there are alot of, well, pretty ignorant people that seem to post whatever they want. Isnt there anyway to control that? I mean this is suppose to help people not fill their heads with crap!

In the last few days i have noticed an uproar over censored blogging. You are just one of the many that want stupid comments to be ridded of.

Nate

Comment

I meant an uproar over how F&S isn't censoring. Sorry for confusion.

Nate

Comment

I think for the most part most everyone tries to be helpful. However, there's not much that can be done to stop those that are only after points, they will say just about anything just so they can make a post.
        I get tired of seeing the same questions over and over, but those that do it are only after points. All they want, is to try and get some free stuff.

Comment

See I knew thats why people were doin it! I didnt even know that you could get stuff for posting, I always thought it was jst a bunch of us sportsmen gettin together to talk bout the field.
          See someone is always trying to get something for nothing.

Comment

The thing these people don't realize is the F&S people read your posts when deciding to give out free or test gear. When they gave the tents to Del In KS this month, The specifically said it was partly because his posts were very helpful. So, chances are, these people who are trying to find that loophole in the site will not benefit from their annoyances.

Comment

YA, some posts are very lame like one was "what is your favorite thing about anything?" thats stupid and has nothing to do with hunting and fishing. When F&S people read those they probably won't give them gear to test.

Comment

Some people know more than others, but the novices still enjoy trying to be helpful and sharing their knowledge (sometimes limited). You just have to sort out the Error-laden responses yourself. Most are pretty obvious. In some cases we can politely correct or educate these novices and kids w/o berating them, hopefully.

Comment

Sometimes when you see the same question posted three times in a row it's not the persons fault. Have you noticed that when you submit a ? and then try to back out, a window appears saying you must click submit or your ? will not post. Some people click submit again and again. I wish that window would go away it confuses some people.

Comment

PS, this site is very well regulated, you should have been here on the old site! Pervez galore there.

Comment

i agree with Jim in Mo, you should have seen the old site. i try to give advice to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

remember you don't have to be a rocket-surgeon to be a sportsman or to use the interner and some of these people really believe the crap that they say/type, no matter how flawed or ignorant "if you repeat it enough times eventually it becomes a fact"

Comment

This site is a whole lot better than the old site. Before there were lots of statements made in jest. I for one could really care less about how many points I have or how many stars are next to my avatar. I just use the site for entertainment and try to answer questions with knowledgable commonsense answers.And I like to joke around too. I think some of the posters need to realize that this is what it is and not get too emotionally wrapped up in it.

Comment

If anybody sees an ignorant question, don't answer it. Eventually, the person asking the question will, hopefully, quit doing this and either ship up or ship out!

Comment

Agreed with Jim in Mo answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad