Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK everyone - I just got a new female yellow lab (she is almost white) and can't decide on a name for the life of me. Throw me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK everyone - I just got a new female yellow lab (she is almost white) and can't decide on a name for the life of me. Throw me

OK everyone - I just got a new female yellow lab (she is almost white) and can't decide on a name for the life of me. Throw me a bone...please!

We named ours Lucky and our chocolate lab Hershey
    But there is a story behind them. Other than that Marley is the only other name i can think of.

Comment

Alright i got another: Blanca it's the spanish word for white

Comment

Picadilly. Greatest female dog name around.

Comment

I've known several people with female labs named Maggie.

Comment

Here's how we named our yellow (white) lab:

Think about your other hobbies. (Among many others, mine included tasting many types of micro-brewed beers/wine) Then jot down some basic names that related to her light yellow/white color and look them up in the Thesaurus. - You will greatly increase your options by doing this and come up with some less common names that have some style. We came up with:

Midas, topaz, citron, lemon, sulfur, flaxen, bullion, copper, cider, gerty (from Gewurztraminer, a favorite German white wine) and Hefe (short for Hefeweizen, my favorite German wheat beer)

I’d suggest limiting your choices to a two-syllable name (easier to scream when dog is not listening to me)

Since she had to have a registered AKC name, we eventually chose:

“Sunflights’s Pint ‘O Hefeweizen” though she’s known daily as “Hefe”. Our second choices were “Cider” and “Gerty”

(Sunflight was the kennel/breeder we bought her from)

If she was a chocolate we would have named her “Porter” (my favorite dark beer)

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - I've been working through names of guns, flies, teams, rifle and shotgun calibers, etc. I'm hoping I'll have a name soon or she will think her name is "puppy"...

Comment

I suggest Mable, Molly, Honey or Belle. All were good dogs. My new German SH Pointer is named Jill. Then there's Scooter, Blondy, Cricket, Margie, Baily, Jessie, etc. Please let us know what name you picked.

Comment

i like coconut my self.

Comment

Pearl.

Comment

I would name her Rio.

Comment

Albino. Or perhaps whitey.

Comment

Daisy!

Comment

Daisy!

Comment

Daisy!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad