Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the major gun & ammo companies could do to help us the sporstman, afford to do more things? To help us enoy us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the major gun & ammo companies could do to help us the sporstman, afford to do more things? To help us enoy us

What do you think the major gun & ammo companies could do to help us the sporstman, afford to do more things? To help us enoy using the very product that gives them a job? What could they do to help?

Thats a good question, but I think it also very deep, I would be interested in how much of the money they take in is actually from hunters, and how much money do they make off of every bullet they sell? I think knowing the answers to those questions would help answer your question.

Comment

I don't know if there is much they can do. I mean all of the materials it takes to make a bullet have all gone up. In order to make a profit they have to raise their prices too. Bottom line is it isn't the gun and ammo company's fault its our fault for letting this country get into so much debt.

Comment

They have to continue to innovate. Making firearms that the public wants to buy. An awful lot of their profit goes to legal defense funds because congress refuses to shield them from lawsuits.

The responsibility to help sportsmen falls mainly to the sportsman. Everytime we do something unethical or unsafe we put our ranks in a bad light. We must take it upon ourselves to train the next generation with the same ethics and safety that we were taught.

Comment

I don't think the gun and ammo manufacturers can do much. I do know that we as hunters, fisherman and men who bear arms can do more to support the NRA and national hunting, and shooting organizations to lobby and educate those trying to take our gun rights away and preserve our way of hunting, gunownership traditions.

Comment

rezavoirdog, I do agree with you, however to do that takes money and that is something that alot of people don't have or can't afford to do right now. I know that there are some of us that won't be able to renew thier NRA membership because they need the money for bills or food, I'm sure that they aren't happy about it, but our families have to come first.
            The shity part about this is, it could be the prime time for them to go after our rights. They know the position that alot of us are in and that without our help the organizations will only be able to do so much. I'm sure that those who can help will and those that can't will be really pissed that they can't.
            IMO we, as sportsmen/women, could be heading down a long dark road.

Comment

I understand that the prices of everything have gone up and that there is a demand for everything now a days, but thats what I mean, its now a days. What about a few years ago when things werent as bad or how about all those times when things were good? The manufactures of the guns and ammo we use HAVE money! They will always have money, if its not us as sporstman that give it to them, its the government themselves for "misc." items that are needed.
              And besides the price it costs to make a bullet is considerably less then the price we pay for it! And to that, why cant these manufactures see that we are a dieing breed, us as sportsman and that they should try to do whatever they can, no matter what!

Comment

Don't just assume that the gun and ammo manufacturers have money. They are just like any other business and are subject to the market for incoming materials as well as for their produced goods. They are also subject to government in the form of taxes and regulations. Overall profit margins are typically pretty small in corporations. Increase the taxes and the costs associated with regulations, and the costs associated with potentially increased unionized labor, and prices have to go up. Thinking that corporations have money and are a bottomless pool of funding is thinking like a Democrat. Overdo it and the companies can and will fail. It happens everyday. They are not immune. And keep it in your mind that there are people out there, some who were just elected, that want gun and ammo manufacturers to fail.

Comment

rrmont, I couldn't aggree with you more. Tough times for taxpayers, for those who have earned their rights and paid their dues. I hope the entitlement attitude is reversed and our country can see that we need take care of those problems within our own borders and stop worrying about problems abroad. Maybe they should form a militia of American citizens to help with drug trafficking problems in California, Texas, Arizona and Florida.

Comment

Don't hold your breath Sir!

Comment

I don't know if there is much they can do. I mean all of the materials it takes to make a bullet have all gone up. In order to make a profit they have to raise their prices too. Bottom line is it isn't the gun and ammo company's fault its our fault for letting this country get into so much debt.

Comment

Very true it is our fault and Im not saying that the gun and ammo manufaturers should be forking out raw amounts of monies or anything like that. What I mean is what else can they do with thier POWER to help in aiding the sportsman better. I shoot a 6mm Remington and are you gunna tell me it ost as much as 40 bucks for a single box? and that it costs the company 40 bucks to make them and ship them? NO WAY!
                        If you were to do the math on average how much money do you spend yearly on ammo? Now multiply that number by the number of years you have been buying your own guns and ammo?
                        Now thats just one person out of the millions of people that buy guns and ammo each year and they cant afford to give us the sporstman a little something back? Maybe it be a kick-back on X-amount of ammo you buy or for X-amount of dollars spent on ammo. Maybe some free ammo or discounts....something would be nice. Just so that we know that we are NOT just looked at as consumers..but as hard-working sporstman that deserve a little help.

Comment

MLH, good points sir, not to mention the cost of legal fees to fight off BATF.

Comment

Benji maybe you should start a firearm or ammo factory so that you can show us how much extra money that they make. Maybe give us a discount.

I will buy from you, and pay full price, until your business picks up.

Comment

It would be like any other business. A lot of things are more reasonable now that for years because companies are trying to make enough money to survive this burp in the economy.

I do agree about the sloppy marketing that says one box of ammo is twice the price of another that uses basically the exact same weight of components. But exotic ammunition has always done that. "Of course it's $60 a box of 10. It's a 6.3mm Fernabullir".

Auto companys are finding out the hard way. But remember, they got away with it for DECADES, and many people who are here now bought into it. A Suburban does not cost that much more than a Silverado to build... same engine, drive train, chassis, some 85% the same. The additional "covered bed" did not double the cost, but it did the price.

There are makers out there making more affordable rifles, we just have to take a small hit in the quality department. There was a "new" single-shot rifle I wanted to see because I'm a lefty. When I found one, it was much, much worse than my imagination could have imagined. This SPR18 looked like it was knocked together in somebody's basement over a weekend.

So while I agree with you, and would like to see them help us out, I don't think we can handle any more of the lessening of quality that seems to come with it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                                by Danbo
                                No that's confirmed!...
                                Today, 05:09 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by FirstBubba
                                I guess you got that from a unanimous source?

It's no good for (D)'s unless the source is unanimous! 👀...
                                Today, 05:05 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Danbo
                                Breaking news Hillary used FBI , and CIA as her own Gestapo against Trump campaign.
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Danbo
                                Trump landslide 2020.

Biden asks for 4 10 minute breaks what a bum.

Now Bid en refuses to get drug tested what is he afraid...
                                Today, 04:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X