Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is a guy broke into your house, your not sure if he has a gun, but you feel in danger, your holding a loaded 12ga, what wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I shoot him!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I shoot him!

Leave a comment:

• CoastieJim82
    replied
    Shoot him with no question. He is in your freaking home. BANG BANG

Leave a comment:

• Ladner
    replied
    If he had the nerve to come in then he's not just coming in to say "hi" so shoot!

Leave a comment:

• J4huntfish
    replied
    He would weigh more and die of lead poisoning

Leave a comment:

• fliphuntr14
    replied
    bird shot then slugs ideally but either way im goin to light his ass up.

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    Give him very specific instructions and if they are not followed to my liking, shoot him in a non-lethal area such as the arm.

Leave a comment:

• brw7979
    replied
    Shoot him. Make it a good shot and he aint movin afterward. If you happen to just wound him then there's a chance he'll get some lawyer that will defend him and with todays justice system you'll probally get sued for bodily injury or something. And then if he does live and is convicted then were stuck supporing him during his jail time.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    In fact, my home got broken into last month and my wife was home that day. They try to come in on broad day light at 1:00 pm. My wife shoot first, ask the questions later. The perpetrator got scared and run away!!!!!!!She report it to the law.......

Leave a comment:

• maj1996
    replied
    i would tell him to go face fist to the grond and if he did not listin shoot him.

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Announce myself from cover & concealment. Instruct him to lie face down on the floor immediately. Any action to the contrary and he gets every round in the gun.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    tell him you have a gun and warn him not to move. If he does then shoot him. It is not worth the risk.

Leave a comment:

• 007Dom
    replied
    If it was a pump i would shoot but a single shot I dont know. i would still go after him. but I wouldnt shoot him if he was running. but if I had a pump, lets just say I would need to buy more ammo after that.

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    replied
    Run down the stairs and shoot him. lol

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    The biggest legal thing is, regardless of where they are, is that they have to be a threat. Current threat.

There's been a few cases that have ( justifiably? ) put people in jail...

For whatever reason he's in your house, and HASN'T harmed anyone, and he turns around and runs, you will go to jail if you shoot them in the back. There is no legal defense for that.

But forget the movie and TV trash... it will be hard enough during the adrenaline rush to hold a gun steady. There's pretty much no chance to wound, or shoot the weapon out of his hand, or any other John Wayne things you've watched.

So if you or your family are threatened, and yelling does not dissuade or scare them, and they will not leave or stop, you want to just aim dead center mass and try to hit the biggest target you can.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad