Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is a guy broke into your house, your not sure if he has a gun, but you feel in danger, your holding a loaded 12ga, what wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as I know there is no posibility of it being a friend or relative I would shoot him.

Comment

First of all hunt-fish, I was repeating what I was told by a police officer.
      Second if your grades are slumping, as you stated, maybe you should spent alittle more time on your school work and less time on the computer.

Comment

I'd drop him like the ass he is.

Comment

Ka-Boom! then reload. Repeat as necessary.

Comment

rrmont, I am doing my graduation project on Crime Scene Investigation. My mentor is our towns Senior Criminal Investigator. These people are not the dudley do-goods you seem to thing they are. Investigators actually have degrees. Of course some mindless patrolman would tell you that, he has no clue how law enforcement handles anything but traffic violations. You would get caught, but since you seem to thing that it is such a great idea, try it. I'll visit you in prison and say I told you so.

Comment

I'd shoot twice.

Comment

Easy to say you would just blast someone, could be hard to live with after the fact. Unless you know the intruder is armed and an immediate threat you may want to: Identify your target, tell them to freeze and comply with demands, find out their intentions, call law enforcement. You don't want to accendently shoot a realative, or someone who is not there to do you any harm. Recently a car went into the river, a passenger ran to a nearby business, and broke out a window to get to the phone to call for help. The business owner who lived out back heard the noise and confronted the individual, if he would have just shot first he would have killed a guy trying to save his buddies. I also would rather let an intruder flee if he does not want to fight, I don't need to kill some young guy who has made some bad life decisions just because he wants my dvd palyer. If you know for sure you or your family are threatend, and there is no way out of the situation without using deadly force, then by all means do what you must. If it truely came down to kill or be killed and that line was crossed, I then would have no problem meeting an act and/or threat of violence with uttermost furry and fatal intent.

Comment

Uh, rrmont, You never should drag a criminal any where. IF you do so you risk becoming just as criminal as them.
                  Now, if i were confronting a criminal i would make sure i knew who it was, hen tell him i was armed, and if he moved i would shoot. I would not try for sure to kill him, but injure him, then call the police. Then again i might panic and run out the back door with my parents and sister.

Comment

Plant a shell in his leg, then tell him to get out, and say the next one is a slug aimed at his head.

Comment

i would shoot then ask questions later.

Comment

like others, i'm inclined to shoot first and answer the cops' questions later.

Comment

Tell him that i am there and if he tried to hurt me or my family or take anything i would shoot him but i would try to make him to leave

Comment

Depends on what state I am in at that point. Texas i shoot. MA...I put the gun down because it will somehow be a felony to even have it pointed at someone even though I legally own it.

Seriously, the instructor of the firearms course I took there told everyone in the class we would be better off to have mace instead of a firearm. This is due to the states overly intense gun laws.

Comment

I got in on this post a day late so I'm not gonna read all the posts cause I know what most will say.
                              If someone breaks into my home I'm not concerned if they are armed. In my mind they Are armed. They are here to do no good. Flight is no option. Give 'em both barrels so to speak. Show no mercy, no warning, strike. That's what I'd hope to do to the bastards, at that point I'm not concerned about the police or what they may say. That person broke into my house.

Comment

I don't know if it's true but I've heard of people being sued by an intruder when they were injured and the intruder won the suite. We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood so I've got a 20 guage pump ready with my 9mm as back up. If you break into my home where I, my wife and three children are I assume you are there to do us harm and dead folks can't sue you. If I am going to shoot anyone in self defense I will always shoot to kill.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad