Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is a guy broke into your house, your not sure if he has a gun, but you feel in danger, your holding a loaded 12ga, what wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a guy broke into your house, your not sure if he has a gun, but you feel in danger, your holding a loaded 12ga, what wo

there is a guy broke into your house, your not sure if he has a gun, but you feel in danger, your holding a loaded 12ga, what would you do.

i would shoot first, ask questions later.

Comment

announce myself if I wasn't sure and tell him not to move. If he does not comply, shoot him.

Comment

Damn right kolbster. If he comes into my house he IS a threat to my family, I don't care if he is armed or not. I have a friend that's an officer of the law, and he told me that you have every right to protect your family and your home( just make sure he's in the house where the cops get there, even if you have to drag him back in).

Comment

I would protect myself and my family at all costs.

Comment

let him know that if he moved I would shoot him. If he moves, I shoot him, if he doesn't, I hold him there until the police come.

Comment

If your state has passed castle doctrine legislation, a burglar can be considered a threat by virtue of having entered. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR SPECIFICS--end disclaimer. My state (Ohio) only recently passed that law, until then you were legally under the duty to retreat. Shooting a guy and dragging him back in is gonna be tampering with evidence at the bare minimum, and to the right prosecutor or jury, evidence of premeditation...baaaaad juju. Anyhow, for me, if you break into my house while I'm there, you're gonna get carried out.

Comment

go out guns blazin

Comment

I would state to not move and that I had a gun. If he advanced then I would shoot. But if he goes to run out the door then I am not going to shoot a guy in the back.

Comment

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
                    Now I can answer your question, because I am still alive. I would shoot first and ask question later. My family and my life is more valuable to me than a robber's. Sorry that might sound cold, but I'm here to protect the ones I love at all costs.

Comment

rrmont, that is quite possibly the dumbest and most irresponsible thing I have ever heard. Drag the body back in? You moron there's something called forensic scientists and they're not dumb.

Comment

It is at night. As soon as I am positive he is not a drunken relative, I kill said intruder. I am not a trigger happy sort, but if someone forces his way into my house, he's done himself wrong.

Comment

If he breaks in, he's not gonna be doin to well in the morning.

Nate

Comment

As long as I know there is no posibility of it being a friend or relative I would shoot him.

Comment

As long as I know there is no posibility of it being a friend or relative I would shoot him.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad