Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the easiest animal to trap in the United States, preferbally Minnesota? And what type of trap should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the easiest animal to trap in the United States, preferbally Minnesota? And what type of trap should I use?

What is the easiest animal to trap in the United States, preferbally Minnesota? And what type of trap should I use?

your best bet would either be coons or muskrats. for the coons i would use a 220 in a bucket for land and a #11 foothold for water trapping. muskrats can also be trapped with #11 footholds and 110 conibears.

Comment

I wouldn't use a 220 in a bucket, I've seen and heard of dogs getting caught in that set. Coons probably are the easiest to catch legholds on land work, I like #2 longspring or 1 1/2 double coil spring around a dead deer. This way you can catch a lot more species, just set 2 of your traps close enough that you can get a double catch on a coyote or something like that. Some states don't let you set close to dead animals though so check your state regs. In minnesota with all the water bodys you might check into beaver also, a 330 set in the water works well for them.

Comment

“A six pack of BUD will catch all the redneck ladies you want!

Comment

I whould say oposum or racoon is the easyist find a small stream and place a medum size wire live trap on a sand bar about three feet from the stream and use a can of tuna in water for bait and ur shure to catch one or the other

Comment

if u have legal perimiision on a persons property u have the right to place any trap u like as long as they follow state regs. if a dog gets caught in it and u have permission from the landowner they have no case against you. i trap with mostly bucket cubies and this has happened to me with house cats. its legal as long as you have permission on the property you have placed the trap. and by the way most cases you see on the news about dogs being killed by traps but they were illegal trapped by 330's placed on land. so i would recoomand bucket cubies im 16 years old and have my trapping business and average over 150 coons a year.

Comment

Beaver. If its legal in your state to alter th dams. I tear out the dams and put a 330 size conibear in the place that is torn out. But be careful if you catch something illegal, it WILL KILL the animal that gets trapped.

Comment

I would say squirrels... all you need is some peanuts, a bucket, some string, and a stick. Good luck!

Comment

Human males, just build a pole and find some ladies. lol

Comment

Raccoons. I could catch one every night in a live trap if needed to.

Comment

Most Tomahawk Live Traps are manufactured with adjustable trigger release mechanisms and brass rollers. This makes them easy to set and adjust. By adjusting the trigger, a single trap can be used to trap several different sizes of animals. For trapping heavier animals, set for heavy sets, and for trapping smaller animals, set for light sets!!!

Comment

Raccoons are one of the easiest animals to catch.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad